E90 LCI Side Mirror

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

VKS

Club Guest
Here's some info on the recent damage report on my wallet...Theres one rempit slammed my right side mirror and the whole unit was dangling with shattered mirror and broken cover so decided to call up AB and made an order. Parts arrived last night and got it fixed...So to all LCI owners incase you wanna know the cost of each set as it wont come in a package..Folding side mirror unit - RM 2447.53Mirror glass - RM 451.19Outer Cover - RM 1xxPaint for the cover - Less then RM 50Workmanship - RM 90probably cost more then the rempits bike but he was very lucky never fall down after he slammed..orelse i would have made him remember this valentines day for the rest of his life..so guys n gals take extra care of ur cars ears :eek:

Sorry to hear your predicament. I have a deep scratch on my left mirror which I presumed left by a truck.

sorry to hear that VKS...i too was a victim of a stupid rempit! i was stuck in a traffic jam when one rempit lost control of his nike and came crashing down on the side of my car (driver side)...hence i cant open my door as well to get the hell of him! he immediately got up and sped off! as i was stuck in the car...there's little i could do...only to fork out the repair on the side doors...=(

Better be safe, that's why I always close the wing mirrors when I park my car. Bro VKS, next time when you need parts for your ride. You can always check out Bavarian Auto parts ! I heard they are cheaper....

damn those rempits...
really its time to ban these small kapcai bikes that can weave in between cars. like many other countries.
only real bikes allowed on the roads and they have to stick to one lane and not in the center of 2 lanes.
and improve the freakin public transport so the rempits can take the bus or train!!!!!

nickyow;494348 said:
sorry to hear that VKS...i too was a victim of a stupid rempit! i was stuck in a traffic jam when one rempit lost control of his nike and came crashing down on the side of my car (driver side)...hence i cant open my door as well to get the hell of him! he immediately got up and sped off! as i was stuck in the car...there's little i could do...only to fork out the repair on the side doors...=(

By judging the sound of the impact i thought fark! i might need to paint half of the car but was lucky that he exactly bang the side mirrors only...phew!

sunnypuan;494349 said:
Better be safe, that's why I always close the wing mirrors when I park my car. Bro VKS, next time when you need parts for your ride. You can always check out Bavarian Auto parts ! I heard they are cheaper....

Thanks for the info sunny..anyway the incident happened while i was stucked on traffic and i did tried few BMW parts dealers but that was CNY time and i needed a quick fix since i cant see my car like that :banghead:

U still have the internals ka? Maybe I can DIY into my dumb side mirror.. :p

U can actually get a pair of after market M3 side mirror at about the same price.. I would definitely do it if I were u... also effectively reduce the wing drag noise..
e93carbonmirrors.jpg

Didnt thought about it AB, looks cool though...yup still having the internals and its working..

VKS;494368 said:
Didnt thought about it AB, looks cool though...yup still having the internals and its working..

Ooo... :eek: I wonder if the pre-LCI share the same internals.. my DIY fingers itchy lio.. :toilet:

astroboy;494367 said:

AB, you are the king of DIY.. if anyone can do it, you can!

But only one motor.. so if it works.. I'll end up with one sided motorised collapsible side mirror.. :eek: Damn cacak.. :p

Somemore need to find a switch to trigger the fold or better still timer activated.. hehe.. :D

VKS;494361 said:
Thanks for the info sunny..anyway the incident happened while i was stucked on traffic and i did tried few BMW parts dealers but that was CNY time and i needed a quick fix since i cant see my car like that :banghead:

Yeah man, I would get it fix fast too ! Nobody would like to see his ride to be damaged like that....

yea, u shud have gotten the M3 side mirror for just abit more, 1400 usd for a pair

astroboy;494367 said:

U can actually get a pair of after market M3 side mirror at about the same price.. I would definitely do it if I were u... also effectively reduce the wing drag noise..
e93carbonmirrors.jpg

Bro,

It seems that the M3 side mirrors does not really fit into the new LCIs..........I wanted to purchase a pair before CNY and was told that it may not fit.......due to some internal mech......however, new M3 side mirrors that fit the current LCI models are coming soon thus I will await the arrival.......yup, price is about the same......as mentioned.......

sharp;494470 said:
yea, u shud have gotten the M3 side mirror for just abit more, 1400 usd for a pair

Keep it ori at the moment and start saving...later buy the real one in whole package :love: huhu

Top Bottom