E90/91/92/93 CBU from UK need a radiator replacement?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Fadhlan

Official Member
BMWCM sifus,I heard from a friend that the E90+ models CBU from UK requires an upgrade for the radiator. Apparently the radiator size from UK is inadequate for our tropical climate.I've been doing about 1,200km on my E92, and I have not found any alarming temperature as of yet, and my first thought is that the current radiator size is adequate for our climate.a) Do I need to change radiators to a larger one?b) Anybody had any overheating issues with their N52/54/55 engine before?Thanks a lot, bros. :top::top::top:Fadhlan

Hi Fadhlan,

Mine is E90 CBU from UK. The car has been registered and used in Malaysia since Oct 2006 and has been working flawlessly for about 3 years. No issues with our climate, until I changed it early this year due to leakage.

Use until bocor la. If the car overheat, u get alarm notification. If alarm comes up, then slow down lor. Otherwise, just rempit la!

FIRZ97, what was the monetary damage for the radiator replacement le?! I wonder..

radiator should be fine.. it dissipates a lot of heat, the difference in temperature between UK summer and Malaysia (all year summer) is almost negligible.

But how do you find the aircond compressor? (Different topic) Is the air coming out cool enough? I feel my Malaysian spec blows much cooler air than the compressor from UK.. I think the brand is DENSO whereas the UK one is Bosch

astroboy;564609 said:
Use until bocor la. If the car overheat, u get alarm notification. If alarm comes up, then slow down lor. Otherwise, just rempit la!

FIRZ97, what was the monetary damage for the radiator replacement le?! I wonder..

Agreed with you AB. Use till bocor..btw the damage is RM 1.6K.

masCh;564622 said:
radiator should be fine.. it dissipates a lot of heat, the difference in temperature between UK summer and Malaysia (all year summer) is almost negligible.

But how do you find the aircond compressor? (Different topic) Is the air coming out cool enough? I feel my Malaysian spec blows much cooler air than the compressor from UK.. I think the brand is DENSO whereas the UK one is Bosch

I also have no problems with the aircond. In fact the aircond is far more cooler and more efficient compared to my previous Civic FD. Even when driving in very hot sun in the afternoon, the aircond can be set just at 25-26 degree C.

Have a few friends that drive the first batch CBU unit also give their thumbs up to BMW air conditioning system.:top:

Thanks fellas for your advice. I will keep an eye on the engine oil temp but so far nothing alarming yet. Will keep rempit-ing and hopefully no leakage on my radiator.

The air-cond is more than adequate so far. Under hot sun it works like a charm in keeping the cabin cool.

Thanks again! :top:

Top Bottom