E90 325i Performance Exhaust Q's

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kolamp

Club Guest
Good day to all fellow beemers,Got some q's regarding the performance exhaust for N52 325i engine. 1. I noticed there's a valve at the exhaust tip and after googling around found out that the exhaust is meant for 330i not for 325i. Is it OK for N52 engine to use 330i exhaust?2. From my dyno butt run, I do feel a little loss in low end torque after installing the exhaust. Should I connect the valve at the exhaust tip to control backpressure? I read on the net some said just leave it in open mode.3. I read US version got midpipe with muffler while Euro version only muffler available. Should I do custom midpipe?Thank you for viewing

Bro,

1) I had the same problem when I do the checking to upgrade the exhaust for my car. Many mechanic say it's ok but the exhaust is not bolt-on to our model..you have to cut the pipe and joint the exhaust. This is for BMW performance exhaust and eisenmann. Many experience loss in low end torque due to this mods from my reading from the nets. Until today, I still use the original exhaust as I prefer bolt -on rather than cut& joint the muffler.

2) Please check with your Tuner.

3) Have you try to visit custom pipe shop and seek their advise about this?

Was keen to change to this exhaust. kolamp, would you recommend this? Any further feedback since this post?

If not please advise what's a good option for 325i. Looking to improve the sound without compromising performance.

Thanks.

Aeroboy;720686 said:
Was keen to change to this exhaust. kolamp, would you recommend this? Any further feedback since this post?

If not please advise what's a good option for 325i. Looking to improve the sound without compromising performance.

Thanks.

I would certainly recommend u bro to get this PE ASAP. the sound above 3K rpm is orgasmic! btw, I already deleted my resonator and the sound is still acceptable during cruising...

Bro dealmaker,

After done the custom midpipe & deleted the resonator the car feels much better now...I guess next step is to remap & make it compatible with d car since I've also change the intake :)

kolamp;722822 said:
I would certainly recommend u bro to get this PE ASAP. the sound above 3K rpm is orgasmic! btw, I already deleted my resonator and the sound is still acceptable during cruising...

Bro dealmaker,

After done the custom midpipe & deleted the resonator the car feels much better now...I guess next step is to remap & make it compatible with d car since I've also change the intake :)

Thanks for the feedback. So far it's been positive reviews.
Now just need to find the right time to purchase it and install (am wondering if there'll be any stock clearance given that F30 is here).

Just checking, is yours the pre-LCI / LCI?

Aeroboy;723036 said:
Thanks for the feedback. So far it's been positive reviews.
Now just need to find the right time to purchase it and install (am wondering if there'll be any stock clearance given that F30 is here).

Just checking, is yours the pre-LCI / LCI?

Mine is pre-LCI :burnout:

hye guys..can i just change the rear muffler for my e90 325i??what brand??got custom made or not..and how much is it..hope you guys can help,coz i'm new to BMW..

Just the tong can also. You can look at Remus, AC etc. cost is about 3.5k to almost 5k. For custom can try Everco in SUNWAY but they use what they call a standard tong, so it's kinda dodgy. Best sound I heard so far is the PE. Go check it out on YouTube.

Yeah, if the exhaust has the valve at the tip, it's for connection to the vacuum pump/switch. I would suspect that if connect the valve, your low end torque should improve...

But other than the slight loss of low end and more noise during idle, I don't see any harm in leaving it open... If you don't have the vacuum pump/switch in the boot on the passenger side, you'll need to get those retrofitted in order to automatically control the exhaust valve.

Mine's currently permanently open as my darn exhaust valve is making a rattling sound at idle.... but mine's stock exhaust and it's a 335i. WIth a turbo engine, I don't notice any loss in low end torque, in fact, it should improve the low end (theoretically-faster spool up ?). Noise during idle is significantly louder though.

Top Bottom