E90 320i 06 - Aircond Driver side Warm During start up

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

DanzE90

Club Guest
hi guys,
as per title, everytime when I start my engine, the driver side + middle (right side) feels warm compare to the passenger side. it will take approx. 30 secs before it gets cold, there is a weird sound also at times. If not mistaken ive read it could be something wrong with the cooling coil is it?
thanks.

Pay Naidu a visit and ask for a diagnostic. Could be just low refrigerant.

I thought if low on gas, both driver & passenger side should feel warm? in my case driver warm, passenger cold, after a while both sides cold. hmmm....
have no experience on that though.

DanzE90 said:
I thought if low on gas, both driver & passenger side should feel warm? in my case driver warm, passenger cold, after a while both sides cold. hmmm....
have no experience on that though.
The right side (driver) is always warmer. This is due to the porcupine resistor install in that location.

When the refrigrant level is low, the cooling of the compressor loses its effecicency to cool down.

Just go any aircon shop to check the pressure and topup the refreigrant.

yes, thanks guys, was low on gas, Naidu suspected there is a very small leak on the compressor. but for now just deal with it.
costs me RM40 for gas.

Bro Danz,

Did Naidu estimate how much it''ll cost to replace the compressor? I think I have the same problem :listen:

he said if OEM cooling coil RM1700, original RM2200 both price include workmanship (dashboard removal).
if compressor just change the compressor control valve (size like a spark plug) so that u no need to change your whole compressor.
cost me RM430 + RM120 for vacuum & top up gas + RM140 for workmanship.

Ahhh thats sounds better....i think my cooling coil still working coz the air still cool just that small leak which have to topup gas every now & then...thanks alot bro @DanzE90 !

Top Bottom