E60 transmission fault

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Sapihi Dulamit

Spent about RM4k to fix the problem. The mechanic thought it was from the transmission fluids leaked. Once it fixed the warning is still pop up. I mean there is no more leaking but the warning of 'transmission fault' remain. The engine will run with noise and the power decrease.
Any suggestion?

When you said "spent about RM4k to fix the problem", can you list out what were the parts replaced?? Did your mechanic plug in a diagnostic to read the error codes and if yes, what are the error codes??

do you have the bill?? if yes, post it up so that we can see what your mechanic has changed.

I am sorry that I could not attach the bill here but the mechanic fixed crankshaft at first which was leaked as mentioned to me...this cost me abt 2k++ (transmission fluid and oil filter cost included + labour charged + GST). But the problem remain. my 2nd visit cost me rm1400. this time i was told the oil seal problem and gb brought down...
I was thinking that the mechanic made big mistake while diagnosed the car. Plan to go to another workshop to get 2nd opinion.

Sapihi Dulamit said:
I am sorry that I could not attach the bill here but the mechanic fixed crankshaft at first which was leaked as mentioned to me...this cost me abt 2k++ (transmission fluid and oil filter cost included + labour charged + GST). But the problem remain. my 2nd visit cost me rm1400. this time i was told the oil seal problem and gb brought down...
I was thinking that the mechanic made big mistake while diagnosed the car. Plan to go to another workshop to get 2nd opinion.
A simple word.... the mechanic who attended to your car isn't familiar with what he was doing. Getting a second opinion from another workshop is good PROVIDED the said workshop is familiar with bmw. Otherwise, it would be a blind leading a blind. Go to PKL Motorsport @ Kuchai Lama (goggle for exact address) as they a number of our members here frequent this workshop.

Thank you Mr. Herbert,
I am staying in Kota Kinabalu. Any suggestions of the best workshop & with reasonable charges around KK?

Gerhana said:
Thank you Mr. Herbert,
I am staying in Kota Kinabalu. Any suggestions of the best workshop & with reasonable charges around KK?
Afraid I can't give you any suggestions regarding workshops in KK.

Top Bottom