E60 newbie

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ajimin

Official Member
Salam and hello... to all members of BMWCM.Just got my first bimmer e60 525i 04/08 japan spec...finally, thanks God.Hope that I can learn more about this car from otai bmw. Currently working at Lumut, offfice base in KL and hometown from BP johor.rgdsajimin

for starters your e60 would be an lci model, ie facelifted model.
the lci models start coming out in mid 2007 so anything before that, its pre-facelift and things like the headlights, bumpers, tailights, would be different.

My e60 production date is year 2004. I guess just a standard model not even M sport...just hi line japan spec...

bimshopsg;788898 said:
for starters your e60 would be an lci model, ie facelifted model.
the lci models start coming out in mid 2007 so anything before that, its pre-facelift and things like the headlights, bumpers, tailights, would be different.

oops. i tot u mean apr 2008.

for 2004 models, u gotta be careful abt the gasket and seals and defintely the wires within the headlight set.
have worked on alot of older e60s and seen quite a fair bit of these wear n tear.
and oh ya, most importantly, remember to do some film protection for the headlights cos given the age, the headlight plastic which is made of polycarbonate will oxidize and become bblur

bimshopsg... thanks for the advise..will take note
any place good recommedation for the film protection for the headlight.. my car dealer already do some polishing on headlight but not met to my QC standard laa.

bimshopsg;789094 said:
oops. i tot u mean apr 2008.

for 2004 models, u gotta be careful abt the gasket and seals and defintely the wires within the headlight set.
have worked on alot of older e60s and seen quite a fair bit of these wear n tear.
and oh ya, most importantly, remember to do some film protection for the headlights cos given the age, the headlight plastic which is made of polycarbonate will oxidize and become bblur

ajimin;789139 said:
bimshopsg... thanks for the advise..will take note
any place good recommedation for the film protection for the headlight.. my car dealer already do some polishing on headlight but not met to my QC standard laa.

sorry, i am not familiar with Malaysia as i am based in Singapore.
most of the bmw guys in SG know me cos i been doing my Bimshop since 2008 and am quite active in the bmw-sg forum.
am still very new to the BMWClub Malaysia forum here too myself.
am just sharing my experience that i have working on the various bmw models.

protection film wise, i know there is the 3m version, not bad but not sure if there's any in MY.

ajimin;789412 said:
Thanks namidub...guess that you also must "orang minyak" working at kerteh..

indirectly yes.but i work with the flying metal birds instead.

ajimin;788868 said:
Salam and hello... to all members of BMWCM.

Just got my first bimmer e60 525i 04/08 japan spec...finally, thanks God.

Hope that I can learn more about this car from otai bmw.

Currently working at Lumut, offfice base in KL and hometown from BP johor.

rgds

ajimin

Ajimin,

Welcome to the forum and also welcome to the Bimmer's World. Do join our future drives/events. I'm also one of E60 owners from Kuantan. Happy foruming!! :top:

Thanks Zack..

Your E60 look nice.. totally different with other.:top:

zack700;789482 said:
Ajimin,

Welcome to the forum and also welcome to the Bimmer's World. Do join our future drives/events. I'm also one of E60 owners from Kuantan. Happy foruming!! :top:

zack & Budiman,
FYI, Haji nie dah fully mod...rear and front bonnet fully carbon...ekjus quad...Dah joined kita punya TT session.
Coastal Town Bimmer also.

kojak818;789502 said:
zack & Budiman,
FYI, Haji nie dah fully mod...rear and front bonnet fully carbon...ekjus quad...Dah joined kita punya TT session.

looking forward to meet the yummy modded car,ajimin!

Ajimin,

You can try the headlight lamination @ paint shield Glenmarie RM 400 include fog light.
The lamination is different from other it is very think compare to others.

kojak818;789502 said:
zack & Budiman,

Kojak,

Fuyyooo!! Nice to hear that!! Another 'die-hard modders' in town :top:

Ajimin,

Are u joining the 'Durian Drive' this coming 15th??. Look forward to meet you one day..

Top Bottom