E60 DWA LED not blinking when armed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shiva73

Club Guest
Gents...Eversince i got my car , the red bulb just below the rear mirror doesnt show any indication of functioning . It has never blinked , arm or disarm . How could we check if the cars alarm system is working - purposely let the alarm go off . Maybe this way i could check if the red light is working , because i read that the red light should be blinking when its armed .Please advice.TQVM in advance

Red bulb below rear mirror? Where is that and maybe you can show us a photo? Mine is on the front, on the rear mirror if the car is locked. Besides, I don't think there's an alarm but only an immobilizer?

U guys are talking abt the same thing. The red dome below the rearview mirror, mounted on the front windscreen. It should blink when armed.
You can try this, arm it while inside the car. Hopefuly, the car comes with the motion sensor. Start doing the macarena in the car and see if the alarm goes off.

Thanks affan :) does the car really have alarm? From what I know it's only an immobilizer?

Bro. If your alarm works then you need to check the led or the bulb might have blown , it costs few RM to replace it at any car accessories shop.

Bro Aoch , affan , bala..

Ok , i will try to do the 'macarena' and check it out.

BTW , does that mean that the car will not 'scream' when someone try to break-in ? E60 security system is quite confusing , for me at least.Tried to read at net, but look like its not a standard things but optional .

shiva73;670886 said:
Bro Aoch , affan , bala..

Ok , i will try to do the 'macarena' and check it out.

BTW , does that mean that the car will not 'scream' when someone try to break-in ? E60 security system is quite confusing , for me at least.Tried to read at net, but look like its not a standard things but optional .

Yes, no 'screaming' as I was told CKD's E60 does not come with alarm (without the red bulb mounted below the rear view mirror)

Bro JErman..

Mine is Japan spec year 04 , with a red bulp mounted below the rear view mirror .TQ

shiva73;670910 said:
Bro JErman..

Mine is Japan spec year 04 , with a red bulb mounted below the rear view mirror .TQ

Mine is Jap spec also with the same red bulb. Think it's for the alarm system. But it doesn't work as usually Jap alarm systems don't "scream".

alxy;670962 said:
But it doesn't work as usually Jap alarm systems don't "scream".

I think it's because they are not considered as alarm but only an advanced immobilizer. Even my Honda Accord doesn't have alarms, we need to install ourselves seperately if needed.

Bro alxy.. If you have it in your car.. doest it blink when u arm it ?

Bro aoch , if we were to install an aftermarket alarm, will that interfere the BMW system ?

To all bro here , from my info that red bulb under rear view mirror is sensor for receive light from behind . Where behind car high beam light will automatic tint the mirror and more clear to see .

jansen lim;671303 said:
To all bro here , from my info that red bulb under rear view mirror is sensor for receive light from behind . Where behind car high beam light will automatic tint the mirror and more clear to see .

The clown nose is to indicate the alarm being armed. The auto-dimming mirror sensor is on the mirror itself around top center.

I tested the alarm by arming it, will see LED blinking. Then jacking the car up at one corner as if want to remove the tire as our car come with angle/tilt sensor. Then the rarely being heard alarm will be triggered. My e46 doesn't have cabin proximity/ultrasonic sensor.

Cheers

Doesn't blink when armed. My 325 has motion sensor alarms. But I've never heard my 530 "scream". How I tested was arming the alarm when you're still inside the car. After a while, make a movement and the alarm will sound (for the 325). But never happened for 530. Maybe Japan is such a safe country that their cars never get stolen? :D

Mine, an e60, did make a sound when the alarm was on and i moved inside the car just to test.

Eh??? Anyone can show picture??

I checked mine and didn't see any red bulb anywhere in the car.

Astronyu;671631 said:
Eh??? Anyone can show picture??

I checked mine and didn't see any red bulb anywhere in the car.

Electrochromatic_Mirror_Inside.jpg

affan66;671428 said:
Mine, an e60, did make a sound when the alarm was on and i moved inside the car just to test.

Yours is local or import?

Top Bottom