E60 aircon blower cut of due to current leak

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shiva73

Club Guest
Dear gents..I noticed my aircon blower cant blow at high speed.only working at minimal blow.sometimes it work fine n sometimes not.brought it to mechanic in pj.changed the blower n aircon register.after fixing k,the situation persist.the aircon work fine wen starting the car.then it cut of to minimal blow.the mechanic said it could be current leak.is tat so?please i need advice

Gents,

problem solved.the culprit was the IBS Cable.the diognose showed 'battery sensor' fault.took thee chances n changed it.the current was not leaking while the car in sleep mode but the sensor on the ibs cable kaput.so the power restriction kicked in via power management. The ibs cable cost 1k + n not including the proffessional trouble shooting.anyhow, can sleep peacefully tonite.Tq guys

eh, another e60 bro also changed his IBS cable for RM800 in another thread. Would it be the same IBS cable I am led to understand? Price diff is quiet a bit leh... I am scared now..hope my time won't come for a llooooooong while :) Thanks for sharing Shiva!

shiva73;664721 said:
Gents,

problem solved.the culprit was the IBS Cable.the diognose showed 'battery sensor' fault.took thee chances n changed it.the current was not leaking while the car in sleep mode but the sensor on the ibs cable kaput.so the power restriction kicked in via power management. The ibs cable cost 1k + n not including the proffessional trouble shooting.anyhow, can sleep peacefully tonite.Tq guys

Boss, if you buy the IBS cable from Bavarian Auto it's only RM830. There's a supplement cable which you opt to buy or not (depending on your condition) and that's extra RM90. Fixing the cable is very straight forward, just hook up an external battery to the chassis (front) and remove the negative cable then change to the new cable.

desbimmer;664737 said:
eh, another e60 bro also changed his IBS cable for RM800 in another thread. Would it be the same IBS cable I am led to understand? Price diff is quiet a bit leh... I am scared now..hope my time won't come for a llooooooong while :) Thanks for sharing Shiva!

Yeah bro.i know buying it direct from will be cheaper.but didnt know its this cheap.furthermore i was at naidu shop for two days troubleshooting.basically i was tired n just wanted to solve it.glad that it was solved with just the ibs cable n didnt lead to other problems. Ex: power leak and etc

aoch88;664743 said:
Boss, if you buy the IBS cable from Bavarian Auto it's only RM830. There's a supplement cable which you opt to buy or not (depending on your condition) and that's extra RM90. Fixing the cable is very straight forward, just hook up an external battery to the chassis (front) and remove the negative cable then change to the new cable.

Bro,

wat u said is correct.the cable comes as two separate component.but my previous cable look diffrent than the new one.the new one look more consealed.i just dont want to ask for more trouble,so choosed to get a complete set.but its something to consider about in future.tqvm for sharing bro

shiva73;665333 said:
Bro,

wat u said is correct.the cable comes as two separate component.but my previous cable look diffrent than the new one.the new one look more consealed.i just dont want to ask for more trouble,so choosed to get a complete set.but its something to consider about in future.tqvm for sharing bro

No problem bro and I try to share what I can :) If yours is an older model then the IBS cable is different because they have made several revisions over the years. The recent ones are all concealed as one of the reason why IBS always fail is due to the small vent near the battery which causes air/moist to get in thus damaging the sensor. Even so, the latest revision IBS cable is not perfect because mine is the latest ones but still needs to be replaced.

aoch88;665345 said:
No problem bro and I try to share what I can :) If yours is an older model then the IBS cable is different because they have made several revisions over the years. The recent ones are all concealed as one of the reason why IBS always fail is due to the small vent near the battery which causes air/moist to get in thus damaging the sensor. Even so, the latest revision IBS cable is not perfect because mine is the latest ones but still needs to be replaced.

Bro.tq for sharing.so much for a smal cable is just too much.my mechanic told me to seal off the smal ventilation.not sure if this act with create other problem.sorry to hear on ur cable.better to change it before it leads to other problem.tq

Top Bottom