E60 520D info...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

noobie

Club Guest
Guys,I had just bought a e60 520D yr 2009/2010. Car still under warranty(another 8 months to go) and milleage is quite allright. 52,000km in 1.5yrs. It's alphine white and msports bodykit(no HUD though). Bought it at 225k.do you guys think it's a good deal? I was at the AB service center checking through the service record of the car and all seems ok. Previous owner upgraded his ride to F10 520D(according to the salesman). I had a good test of the car for about 40minutes (through highway, bumpy roads, etc, etc...) and the car felt good. Some minor rattling at the door(passenger) side but I can live with that. Still have 1 more free service(60k service) and 8months of warranty. So I guess if there is anything wrong with the car, I should be able to claim it with BMW Msia.I had went through like 30+pages of the e60/61 threads and there isn't much threads on the 520D.I was wondering if any kind souls here would be able to give some advice on the things that i need to be aware off as this is my first foray into BMW(and it's a diesel!!!). My family was rather shocked that i got the 520D instead of the 525. But seriously speaking, I do hear the clattering sound when i'm outside of the car. But when I drove it, I can hardly head the clattering unless i'm at the traffic light.been reading about service intervals... do you guys follow the recommended service intervals?thanks a million.regards,noobie.

so, best bet is to service the car @ 10k intervals? I was smitten by the huge torque the 520d has... wow... that was what i had in mind when i test drove the car. i'm not sure if the tyres were RFTs but i felt it was kinda harsh. I was informed that although the car has msports bodykits + rims, the suspension was a normal type. I went through your website site looking for e60 520d reviews and i couldn't find one with a proper review on the e60. not sure if i had missed it when i was searching through your website. stopped at page 29(bmw).

Guys,

i have 1 more question. it's about the warranty... been getting conflicting answers on the warranty.

from the threads, i noticed some mentioned the warranty is 2yrs/60,000(which ever is earlier).

But the AB salesman told me actually it's 60,000km for free "service, repair & maintenance" and 2 years unlimited mileage warranty on the car. The service guy(Alan-AB @ KL) told me the same thing.

can someone pls help clarify this?

thank you.

noobie, join either the E90 320d or the F10 520d crowd, lots of fans there since it's basically the same engine (N47). The E60 520d is less popular since it came right at the tail end of the E60 lifespan and most people were happier to wait a few months for the F10.

I have a 320d and the service interval is officially set at 15k km. However I send it in when the OBC shows 3000 when I start the car and AB has always done a regular BSRI service. This has averaged around 10-11k km between service which to me is still acceptable. Not sure if you really want to go back to the old 5k km service intervals :D

Good luck on your purchase, RM225k is a pretty good deal on a 1+ year old E60!

thanks for the info gameover...

yeah, it was a difficult decision on whether to get the F10 520D or E60 520D. But since there the owner let it go at a reasonably huge discount, i'm happy to go for it. Currently, F10 520D Alpine White waiting list is abt ~4months(Sept - Nov).

What about the warranty? BSRI is 60,000km but car warranty is 2 years unlimited mileage ? The salesman told me 60k BSRI + 2 yrs unlimited mileage warranty. But another salesman told me 60,000km BSRI or 2 yrs warranty(whichever comes first). kinda conflicting... saw some threads also mentioned about 60k/2yrs warranty,

was at e90 sub-forums yesterday night... saw quite a number of threads on 320D. read through a couple of big threads till 3.30am just now(like 60+ & 30+ pages).... damm tired today. Preparing for a meeting at 10.30am... still at home... brain a bit blur.

warranty's for 2yrs, with no limit on mileage.

BSRI, ie maintenance servicing, is free for 3years or 60k kms, whichever is first.

thanks maniac...

ok, BSRI is 3 years OR the 60,000km is free servicing? gee kinda confusing..., since the car was registered in FEb 2010, I guess i'm still entitled for the warratny till Feb 2012, so i'm happy with it...

thanks again... bmw website is not very info friendly... kinda gave up on it...

noobie;647387 said:
thanks maniac...

ok, BSRI is 3 years OR the 60,000km is free servicing? gee kinda confusing..., since the car was registered in FEb 2010, I guess i'm still entitled for the warratny till Feb 2012, so i'm happy with it...

3 years or 60,000km whichever comes first.
some people travel a lot and reach 60,000km say in 2 years,instead of 3.
so BSRI stops right there. :-D

Top Bottom