E46 steering free play

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ravin136

Hi there guys..

I have a 2003 e46 320i and recently i have some steering issues.
On a straight road, may it be highway or normal road, the steering is not steady.
I know how it used to be, but now i always need to keep adjusting it to the left or right a bit to keep the car going straight.
Kindly advise me on what may be the issue so i don't get cheated.
Thanking you in advance.

have the same problem but you should always check

- tyres (for bumps along with allignment & balancing?)
- steering rack
- front lower arm

Let us know once u have sorted out the problem.. :101:

the best way to found out whether you lower arm bushing or ball joint worn out, jack the car and try to wobble it, if it doesn't it mean fine, but if it is, then you need to replaced it. It won't solve anything if you go for alignment and chamber

hello ravin136, did u manage to solve the problem? mine also has the same issue, my friend told me to change the steering coupler. but i havent change it yet.
150552_x800.jpg

Hi Ravin..you may wana refer to my thread "Fed up of broken lower arm bushes"..just a few threads under yours..I've replaced most of da parts suggested by some sifus here including my own root cause analysis..my freeplay issue improved..too much spent yet i couldn't manage to solve it completely..I know how annoying it can be..good luck buddy..

Sent from my Lenovo A316 using Tapatalk 2

i also face this problem, just sent the car to workshop by today, i bought halfcut steering rack, steering column, steering coupling, total RM600

Top Bottom