E46 320 2.2 M-Sport exhaust

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

affan66

Founding Member
Folks, Need your assistance.I just got my E46 320 2.2 M-Sport. The exhaust is kinda loud. I believe this is the sports exhaust. I would like to share notes with others who have the same model. Is it this loud? The exhaust that I have is okay(no leaks). I am wondering if I can use the standard exhaust (2 tip) so that the ride is more comfortable. Thanks in advance.

affan66;363833 said:
Folks,

Need your assistance.
I just got my E46 320 2.2 M-Sport. The exhaust is kinda loud. I believe this is the sports exhaust.

I would like to share notes with others who have the same model. Is it this loud? The exhaust that I have is okay(no leaks). I am wondering if I can use the standard exhaust (2 tip) so that the ride is more comfortable.

Thanks in advance.

a pic of your exhaust would be nice... as for the 2 tip AFAIK M-Sport comes with 2 tip as standard unless d previous owner installed an aftermarket setup.

bro,maybe you can pm m'cca boy by the nick mbm8800 & ask him coz he got the same model with you.

check the valve of one of the exhauh tip whether it is open or not? if it is open, it will be louder than normal(quite loud). normal driving should remain closeall the time unless you drive in high speed(rpm) then the valve will open. speaking from my experience

this exhaust is not the M-sport ori exhaust. I need to creep under and check. Likely a Sebring or Supersprint. Looking for the ori.

Msport version or not exhaust box are the same. Cool, if you're looking for stock I'm sure there will be many people interested with the existing supersprint or sebring.

I believe the flap type exhaust are only for 328 models.

I have attached some pictures of the exhaust. No Remus, Sebring or Supersprint marks anywhere.

Any opinions or feedback, folks?

P1010695.jpg

P1010696.jpg

P1010697.jpg

thanks. hope changing the tip will solve the problem. Will go back to car dealer to see if I can swap exhausts.

The tip itself doesnt make any noice bro,should be the backbox..maybe the previous owner had modified to take out the fibre..

allo bro...looks like a standard for m-sport version...h'ever,mine wasn't loud @ all n installing an AC tips doesn't change the sounds bro..so i've change mine 2 an aftermarket 1 then...but if u r interested 2 swap wit my original exhaust, jus let me know...cheers!!

Top Bottom