e39 windshield washer pump

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

moots

Club Guest
just had my windshield washer pump replaced.it seems that there are 2 types ie. pre and post sep '97.pre sep costs rm125 and post sep costs rm35.wow what a vast difference in the pricing.min'e the cheap one..... there are 2 reservoirs - the one in the engine bay is supposed to be for the detergent and the one in the rh front wheel well for water.i don't use soap so i just let the one in the engine bay be. my water reservoir pump leaks so it's empty but i don't see any message or lights in the instrument cluster to indicate so.i found out the reason....plse see pic.the reservoir lo level sensor connnector was shorted by the previous owner's mech i assume. normalised everything....replaced new pump and now all is as it shud be.....:top:

e39 windshield washer nozzle

i am amazed at the engineering and design of this car.i found out that the individual spray outlet of the washer nozzle actually have different functions.1 outlet is for the water only and the other outlet is for the detergent.

and look at the design of the washer nozzle.it has check valves :eek: to prevent one system(detergent) from contaminating the other(water)...i wonder how the e60 is designed....:wink:

The amazing thing is that they install the reservoir at the wheel compartment..

BTW, nice DIY and info..

Do you have to open the wheel compartment to refil the water? I normally just put the detergent and water together into the reservoir in the engine compartment.

Top Bottom