E39 brake disc

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Jerman

I was quoted RM 290 x 2 for the front disc and RM 260 x 2 for the rear (Original). Anyone who has changed their discs lately and got a better price that this? Would appreciate the contacts. Thanks

I got it at RM320 front and RM350 back. Apparently for E39 528 but I think all E39 the same.

stan8;223844 said:
I got it at RM320 front and RM350 back. Apparently for E39 528 but I think all E39 the same.

Not at all, high horse power UDM use double disc per side man..

Just to side track a bit, I was made to understand that in respect of the hand brake, BM use another set of brake pads. Mine I think is close to worn out. When stopping at the traffic light with a slight slope, the hand brake couldn't seems to hold the car stationery. Can share how much is the costs?:)

Grand;224219 said:
Just to side track a bit, I was made to understand that in respect of the hand brake, BM use another set of brake pads. Mine I think is close to worn out. When stopping at the traffic light with a slight slope, the hand brake couldn't seems to hold the car stationery. Can share how much is the costs?:)

Tru to adjust you hand-brake cable first.

Jyazid, is it possible to adjust the hand brake cable by DIY? where is it located? Otherwise will wait until my next visit to the mechanic to adjust it.

Has anyone changed their hand brake pads before? Didn't notice anyone mentioning this at the Maintenance and Costs thread! Just wanna have an idea of how much is it before going to the workshop and lie down to be at their mercy:)

Grand;224329 said:
Jyazid, is it possible to adjust the hand brake cable by DIY? where is it located? Otherwise will wait until my next visit to the mechanic to adjust it.
You can DIY it provided you have a long 'common spanar', adjust under the h/brake lever. otherwise ask yr mechanic to do it

Grand;225478 said:
Has anyone changed their hand brake pads before? Didn't notice anyone mentioning this at the Maintenance and Costs thread! Just wanna have an idea of how much is it before going to the workshop and lie down to be at their mercy:)

I think this hand brake pad can last you for a long time ..... I haven't change mine .

After searching some E39 forums, found the following observations which I may summarize as follows:-

1. The hand brake is a major let down for the E39. It is located in the rear brake drum which is not visible from outside.

2. Consist of a quite narrow strip of shoe. As such, friction surface with the brake drum is rather narrow, thereby contributing to many complaints from owners that their handbrake tak makan.

3. Over time, dirt and rubbish would also accumulate inside the shoe drum, rendering it even less effective.

4. A lot of the overseas forumners have complained that their handbrake can't hold the car stationery while stopping at an incline.

5. Some suggested to hold the handbrake and move the car for about 1 to 2 km to clean up the shoe drum. Did that, but found out it doesn't help my case at all.

6. So i sent to Optimum Automotive and they did a good and efficient job. Took out the 2 rear tyres and hand polish the shoe drum to remove the dirt and rubbish. Then they help to adjust my handbrake so that now at the 3rd or 4th clicks, the handbrake already 'makan' compare to pre-adjustment stage where I have to lift up to 8th or 9th clicks.

7. Overall a very satisfactory service provided by them at very reasonable charges. Thanks to the person who recommended Optimum at another thread (sorry, can't remember who this bro lah).

hello guys,

Just changed the rear break disc $135 x 2 and break pad $135 /pair and adjust my hand break..
Bro Grand, where is your Optimum Automotive located? i normaly sent mine at Sg Besi..just want an alternative workshop...

Bimmer bole!!

:rock: Optimum workshop is located at N0, 2 , Jln PJU 6A/3A , Kayu Ara Business park , PJ . Contact Jason (boss) at 012-3081891 for appointment . Nice guy and reasonable price .
Good luck !!

Grand

I changed my hand brake pads also b4 but cant remember how much. I did the same thing......drive and pull the hand brake while driving to rub off the dirt. Didnt work for me.

When it was newly replaced it did 'makan' for a month or two. Then the lever got higher and higher. Now when its fully up sometime it hits the retractable armrest and pops it open. Very annoying. Now doesnt 'makan at all. So i decided to give it a rest and forget about it.

Just put in P and leave it when parking. :)

928, the address and contact number are as stated by Igeek. When you come out from the Damansara toll plaza, keep and turn left when you see some furniture shop on your left. Go along the small road (which is parallel to the main road) all the way. You will see a small row 3 storey shop houses on your left after one warong. Optimum is at the corner shop.

Adrian, would be quite cumbersome to always have to press the brake or change to P at traffic light isnt it, not to mention the wear and tear to the gear transmission system. Do suggest that you send it to your workshop to do what I did (see para 6 of my post). Don't think it will costs you much. If I can remember correctly, Optimum charge me less than RM80 for the handbrake job plus computer diagnosis, engine check and to repair my rear power window (I brought my own second hand window regulator).

Yah its very annoying having to put from D to P all the time but i dont do it at traffic lights. I only do it when i park the car for more than 15-20 mins. I had it checked by my workshop already a couple of times. But the problem keeps coming back. They even say this is a very common problem. My workshop goes thru everything when i send my car in for service. :)

e39 brake disc

Hi Jerman,

Where did u buy yr front disc? Hope u can help with some contatc details, thanks a lot.

Top Bottom