e39 battery size.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

EuJax

Club Guest
Hi guys, hope all is well. Anyway am in the market for a battery change for my 528i. Been told all sorts of different opinion from din 66 to din 100. Decided to check with you folks here. What size of battery do you use? Been told din 100 is around RM 550 approximately. Does different brand have different quality? It seems they are all quite similar. Before had tried Borsch, GP and Yuasa on my cars but dont seem to feel any different. Appreciate your comments. Also any good shop to recommend around Damansara area? Thanks a bunch. Regards

you should match the alternator charging output of AH (ampere hour) versus the battery AH allowed...

i.e. if the alternator output is 90AH, then the battery is also 90AH means DIN80, 85 or 88... there is many batteries with many specs...

Thanks Puss, but how do I do that? Is it stated at the altenator or its standard for all 528i?

i have din66 Niko brand maint free fitted in Jan 2011 for rm220.hicapacity batteries are preferred for cars with options like heated steering,wing mirrors,windshield waterjets,door locks,seats,REST function etc etc...ie winter package cars.

you can also fit BMW battery for over rm1000 a pop i guess and it will last you 6-7 years...well you get what you pay for...

stated in the 'alternater' spec's... do search, cos i did remember coming across one recently...only yhing i can't remember..getting old already.

DIN 66 is minimum we can use, but if you have more money to spend, then go ahead with DIN 75(new), 88 and 90. DIN 100 is tops...

Just as Moots said, if one to be right, use the original... 1k over is a lot these days...

in my years of playing BMW, why use original for 7 years that costs 1k over, when every 3 years you can buy new for RM300.00 minimum and 'let the battery economy' grow..hehe

moots;675066 said:
i have din66 Niko brand maint free fitted in Jan 2011 for rm220.hicapacity batteries are preferred for cars with options like heated steering,wing mirrors,windshield waterjets,door locks,seats,REST function etc etc...ie winter package cars.

you can also fit BMW battery for over rm1000 a pop i guess and it will last you 6-7 years...well you get what you pay for...

DIN 66 now costs Rm320.00... wow at least 100 in price hike !!

Top Bottom