E39 523 DOUBLE VANOS

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tay

Club Guest
Just wondering what is the major differences between a 1997 e39 523 and 1998 e39 doule vanos?in term of power, and spec, any major differences?tq

power there is little difference in paper except the power comes earlier in the rpm power band. double vanos is smoother than single vanos across the power band. it is deliciously smooth. i drive the final 528i with double vanos. sadly no power increase. spec wise i do not know. depends whether ckd or cbu. have fun.

So how about the e39 528?

does it come with single and double as well?

talked to my mechanic and he told me that double vanos is better than single and hope that those who have used these two engine before able to share their view

Someone's bitten a huge bullet with the word "5er" written all over it. See you on Fri at M Tech, Bro. Happy hunting.

Cheers

Tay,

Yes the E39 528i comes with both single and double. The single vanos appeared from the onset between 96 till 99. From 99 till 01 double vanos appeared. The power delivery is smoother and linear across the power band. Otherwise no difference in terms of HP (193) and Torque (280 NM). There seems to be alot of power waiting to be unleashed beneath the hood.

Top Bottom