E38 Engine Idling issue

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

keejeng

Club Guest
Need help. My E39, 2002, double vanos, 520, idling is facing some issue. When idling for long, every 2 to 3 minutes, there will be a dip of idling timing (like no gas or no air present), dead queit for a half a second. After that, it could be either back to normal or the engine might went dead and need to restart. During high power rev, I can also feel some jerk in the rev'ing up the engine. Not sure if my decribtion is good enough. Kindly advise if you have face similar challenges.**** sorry, it is E39 at the title **** typo

keejeng;530488 said:
Need help.

My E39, 2002, double vanos, 520, idling is facing some issue. When idling for long, every 2 to 3 minutes, there will be a dip of idling timing (like no gas or no air present), dead queit for a half a second. After that, it could be either back to normal or the engine might went dead and need to restart.

During high power rev, I can also feel some jerk in the rev'ing up the engine.

Not sure if my decribtion is good enough. Kindly advise if you have face similar challenges.

**** sorry, it is E39 at the title **** typo

There is something a miss with your vanos sensors. I 've had this problem before.

bimmer73;531154 said:
There is something a miss with your vanos sensors. I 've had this problem before.

Bimmer73,

Do you remember roughly how much is the vanos sensor when you repair it last time?

Keejeng

Bro, this sounds like sensor or O2 issue lor.....if camshaft sensor it is RM400+, vanos I am not sure. Maybe they are the one and the same?

keejeng;531155 said:
Bimmer73,

Do you remember roughly how much is the vanos sensor when you repair it last time?

Keejeng

no sure of the the price happen to me when my car was under warranty.

Top Bottom