e38 bilstein b8 shock

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

leforte

Club Guest
FS: 1month old bilstein B8 monotube inverted struts for e38 hey guys,a friend of mine just had his e38 fitted with bilstein b8 monotube inverted struts (the one with the big big batang) about a month back, great improvement on the handling, car feels solid around corners and sway is almost non existant. But he has to put them up for sale now as his newly pregnant wife (the queen) is complaining its a little more bumpier or harder than the original b8 non inverted units. so the front pair is up for sale. anyone interested please contact me.

Image416.jpg

Just installed 2 days ago, Monotube B8 and yes its quite stiff.

Why front pair? He should get rid of the rear one. I found the rear pair has higher gas pressure than the front pair.
In my other car, I tried replacing rear with oem shocks and front with Monotube, quite a good combination.

the fronts shock were replaced according to the bilstein parts catalogue with the normal b8 monotube ( small puny batang) , the rears have the same part number so they were not replaced. only the fronts were ordered.

leforte;357075 said:
the fronts shock were replaced according to the bilstein parts catalogue with the normal b8 monotube ( small puny batang) , the rears have the same part number so they were not replaced. only the fronts were ordered.

Oh his old B8 is the old twintube design..

IsaacVky;357097 said:
Oh his old B8 is the old twintube design..

no, he replaced it with the monotube b8 non-inverted struts. they look like twin tube but its actually mono.

Top Bottom