E36 radio reception

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wanfalah

Club Guest
Is it common for e36 to have a bad radio reception? or is it my player need to be thrown away?? :dunno: happened to my previous e36 318 oso....* was told that e36 uses the internal antenna placed at the rear glass, true aa?? if so, can use other antenna??Thanx in advance for any input.... tocey..tocey

Hahahahah ... as much as I wanna say "throw away your player and get a new un" I shall hold my horses. Nothing new, bro ... most E36 develop this problem after a year. I went thru 3 HUs in the past and trust me - they all had the same issue.

My installer indentified the cause as being the built antenna built onto our rear windscreen - 2 options being either to replace the whole thing ( which I think may or may not be possible ) or hook up a new internal antenna ... Bosch makes some nice ones which can be hooked up along the lines of our front windscreen. To me, I decided to live with the problem since I hardly tune into radio.

Cheers,

The internal Bosch antenna Vanq mentioned is really good. Been using it on a couple of cars and very satisfied with the results. Just doesn't receive too well in basement parkings. Hehe...

When I had my E36 last time, I encountered the same problem. Somehow, problem solved after I changed to a new HU.

But please, please don't consider external antennas. You'll spoil the lines of the car. I've seen some people do this. Ewww...

Oh... since we have a new ICE section, I'm towing this there :eek:k:

Bosch antenna huh.... thanks bros!
Hope to find it here in Perak or have to turun kl again..
hope it is not so expensive..

Top Bottom