E36 Inspection @ AB

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anxious

Club Guest
I am considering sending my car to AB for an Inspection. I want to get an inspection of my undercarriage and all the bushing. I also want to get a full diagnostic check up. What do u guys think? Anyone tried it out before?

I have send a few cars to Sapura Auto for check ups and also my previous E36 was send to AB to check prior to putting my deposit..

Superb details but prepare to pay the service fee. I was lucky Sapura offer free inspection while my AB check for my ride is RM600

SilverACB,

Since I'm in Pg, there is only AB.I just want to get a "check-up" done and a second opinion since my mech says everything is ok. Its little things like the bushes etc,. Also I want to get a diagnostic check done.

What was the inspection that AB did for you that costed RM600?

What were the " superb details"?

Are they able to update your car's software?

Thanks

Hi Bro..

I have my car checked by AB too prior to collect my ride from the previous owner. They did the 50 points check and also will give you a full report. Also will advice you on whats your wear and tear parts.

Mine cost the previous owner RM1200 inclusive engine oil, spark plugs filter replacement and lube service.

If you're in KL, you can get full inspection done at Heritage in Jalan Klang Lama for RM100.

E36 safety Check

Hi Guys,

Today I visited AB Pg to get an inspection done on my car.

I signed up for what I later discovered to be a 12 point safety check which took about 3 hours and costed me RM163.80.

A through check up of my car was done which included the Interior, Exterior, Trunk, Bonnet and Undercarriage. The cars OBC was also checked and faults cleared.

The undercarriage inspection revealed the following:-

(1) Front Control Arm Bushes - to change

(2)Stabilizer Bar/ Anti Roll Bar Bush- to change

(3)Engine Oil Leak

(i) oil filter pressure hose/oil pipe/vanos line (Part No 11361703464) & gasket ring (4pcs)( Part No 32411093596)
(http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=CB42&mospid=47444&btnr=11_1282&hg=11&fg=15)

(ii)Valve cover gasket (Part No 11129070531)

(4)Power Steering Hose Leaking

(I) Power Steering Hose (Part No 32411138419)
(http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=CB42&mospid=47444&btnr=32_0650&hg=32&fg=20)

(ii)Clamp & Gasket Ring

(5)Gearbox End Shaft Seal (Part No 24137509504)

(6)Gearbox HeatSheild Cover -touching Long Shaft Mounting

(7)Long Shaft Coupling Rubber/Guibo (Part No 26117511454)

(http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=CB42&mospid=47444&btnr=26_0105&hg=26&fg=10)

(8)Rear Axle ® Output Shaft -leaking
Differential Seal /SHAFT SEAL WITH LOCK RING(Part No 33107505602)
(http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=CB42&mospid=47444&btnr=33_0462&hg=33&fg=10)

(9) Earth Cable - exposed, wrap/replaced?

(10) Booth Rubber torn

(11) Lighting Switch loose

The guys at AB Pg were quite friendly. They even gave me a quotation for the faults if I wanted to repair it at AB.

You may try out the Safety Check at AB nearest to you.

Suprisingly I didnt notice the oil leaks as there wasnt any trace of it under my porch,but they showed me the under carriage where oil seem to accumulate on the parts itself.

This check is an option to you guys who want to make sure you havent overlooked anything.

My car leaks pretty much at similar places too... engine, gear box and power steering, but may or may not have the same root cause. Only my car's ballz is not leaking, errr I mean the rear differential. The leaks are not alarming, my car is not wetting the floor also, and don't need to top up any fluid. Anyway, Chu Seng once said to me if you fix all the leaks, some will come back later, so might as well just continue using it till it becomes unbearable (psychologically, I think that's what he meant).

anxious, about the two bushes (item #1, 2), do you notice anything while driving? What's the typical life span of bushes, in terms of service indicator is it several inspection II ?

My driving is ok. Normally Chu Seng only recommends to change when got sound. AB told me that one of the control arm bush cracked.

Its not very expensive, so I guess I'll just change it at my next service. I am more concerned abt the leaks although its not serious yet as nothing(oil) on my driveway!

viewfinder;273188 said:
anxious, about the two bushes (item #1, 2), do you notice anything while driving? What's the typical life span of bushes, in terms of service indicator is it several inspection II ?

It depends on the kind of road u mostly travel. Bad road conditions and harsh driving attitude will kill the bush faster. :D

The bush is a normal rubber product and all rubber products are vulnerable to heat and ageing.

It will either wear out (loose) or crack. if I am not wrong, no matter how wear is the bush, your wheels won't fly off.. :D thus its not life threatening.. :D

I have sat in UDM with worn bush, so much so the front assemble moves every time brake or acceleration is applied with a loud "gig..gok" knocking sound at the floor board.. :D Still can use ma.. :D Of course I do not encourage u drive above 200kph on such worn bush la because your car can hardly go straight but for weekend market grocery trip, no problem ma.. :D

Just like brake pads. How worn is worn to justify for replacement? Scrubbing metal? 5% to scrub? 10% about to scrub? I would replace it before my sensors are cracked to save $$$ on buying new sensors.. :D

You need to understand the seriousness of the detected "problem" or else you may end up like those who dispose off their UDM and complain high maintenance.. so many around! and I can tell u they are so wrong about UDM!

Talk about leaks, the most dangerous leak is when the oil can soak into the timing belt, shortening the belt's life and snap it prematurely before the owner can detect it.

All other leaks no problem wan la as long as u can top up the oil.. :D Rear diff leak also need to be attended ASAP because u don't know how much oil is left inside. Oh yes, if possible get it back to SC fill with "LifeTime" lub. :smokin:

Anxious, one of to detect oil leak is to clean the engine from top and bottom. Once the engine is clean, inspect the engine after a few days of driving and spot the real culprit of the oil leak..

The power steering oilleak is quite near the bottom of the engine. When it leak it will also give the impression of engine oil leak. But the colour of engine oil and ATF oil is different.

Top Bottom