e36 Fan not working

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

snoop

Club Guest
Guys I need help, the fan works only when the air-con is on but shut down when I shut the air con. Any expert?

Originally posted by snoop@Jun 21 2005, 07:32 PM
Guys I need help, the fan works only when the air-con is on but shut down when I shut the air con. Any expert?
u mean the auxiliary fan??...i thouht it usually does that?...it kicks inonly when the temp goes beyond a certain limit...as an added cooling aid...i suppose with air con on, engine revs higher=hotter, hence fan kicks in...correct me if i'm wrong pls, anyone?...

cheers!

michael

Hi,

yes Yes...the fan will only kick in when the air con is on. But some owners stash a relay to it so that the fan turns on all theway. There's PRos and Cons to it...by turning it on all the time, u will have moretime for the engine to be at the desired tempertaure of running the car..and the bearings of those fan might worn off easily....

My half cents!

You see sometimes when it rains I find it cold and switch off the air con but the fan still runing. In this case it completely stop and the temperature heat up. Isn't it suppose to be running all the time. Do you think it is wiring problem?

Top Bottom