E36 Engine Transplant

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Altum

Club Guest
Hi all the SIFUs,Recently I found a 1997 model E36 half-cut for the purpose of upgrading my engine. Unfortunately the half-cut come with only one key, understand that most of our newer E36s are equipped with car immobilizer, that triggered me to think I would not be able to start my engine if I lost the 'one and only' key, therefore till now cannot decide whether to go ahead with the transplant.Is there any locksmith in anywhere of Malaysia can duplicate our E36 key (with immobilizer function)?I would like to seek Help/Opinions from all the SIFUs here, hopefully there is a solution to the above mentioned.I thank you in advance.Altum

Altum;303401 said:
Hi all the SIFUs,

Recently I found a 1997 model E36 half-cut for the purpose of upgrading my engine. Unfortunately the half-cut come with only one key, understand that most of our newer E36s are equipped with car immobilizer, that triggered me to think I would not be able to start my engine if I lost the 'one and only' key, therefore till now cannot decide whether to go ahead with the transplant.

Is there any locksmith in anywhere of Malaysia can duplicate our E36 key (with immobilizer function)?

I would like to seek Help/Opinions from all the SIFUs here, hopefully there is a solution to the above mentioned.

I thank you in advance.

Altum

can duplicate no problem...
cost approximately RM700 only:cool:

S.O.S.

Really appreciate if someone can tell me where can I have my key duplicated. Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Top Bottom