E36 Coupe Brake judder

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

beemer04

Club Guest
Hi All Need to seek clarification, I have a problem on my car as I have skimmed the front disc and after 1 month the judder seems obvious. FYI I have replaced the disc way back in Aug'04 @ 157 495km and at the moment my mileage is at 188k km, the car is seldom used and driven by my wife. Please advise what could be the problem??????

Warped disc?

Had that same problem on my CRAP. Brake judder from high speeds. Skimmed the disc, it did help for sometime but the judder came back soon enough. Just changed the disc and pads, judder free. Not sure how long it can last though... hot brakes and water are "enemies". Surefire way to get warped disc and brake judder. IICRC, my brake judder problem started after a hot run down Genting when it was dry uphill but it soon rained at the police checkpoint at the bottom. Cold be coincidence though....:confused:

Things which can potentially warp the discs.

Anything which causes a sudden change or uneven temperature, incl:

- washing the car immediately after driving
- engaging parking brakes after hard braking
- driving over a puddle of water when the discs are hot
etc.

Hi all

Thanks for the prompt feedback by all, yes I shall replaced the disc and pads, I was quoted for the following

1. BMW Ori Disc RM280 (Bomin) RM360 (M1)
2. BMW Ori Pads RM240 (BMWorld) RM340 (M1)

1. Belo Disc RM240 (BMWorld) Lemforder Disc RM190 (M1)
2. JURID Pads RM190 (M1)

Was further advised to go for Ori front disc by M1 in mitigating future judder, izzit right?

Anyone have better offers on the parts from the above?

Top Bottom