e36 centre locking / alarm problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

DanPromote

Banned
I have this unusual problem with my centre locking. One of the doors do not lock but the rest 3 does. However the particular motor has been taken out and found out to be in working condition.Secondly, whenever I press my alarm to open the locks, the 3 door opens but immediately closes again. I have to do this over again until it opens. Is this a centre locking motor problem, an alarm problem or the actual door lock problem?Also can someone recommend me a place where they can solve this without potong leher prices?

Your topic has been towed to the appropriate section, in the future please refer to the main forum page for guidance.
There will be a link from the original place of posting leading to the new place (This states the approriate place).
If this thread is a tech question and if you are not sure which catergory to post under, please post under general tech.
If this thread is a 'FS or WTB' then post in the classifieds.

Thank You

-The Moderator

Dan,

If you alarm is Cobra then I can help you out. PM me if you need the contact person.

Thanks, I fixed the problem already, it is caused by the central locking and relay as well as my door lock. Saved quite a bit coz they replaced the bmw central locking system with a honda accord one which is only 1/6 the price. (RM55 compared to RM300+).

Originally posted by DanPromote@Feb 10 2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks, I fixed the problem already, it is caused by the central locking and relay as well as my door lock. Saved quite a bit coz they replaced the bmw central locking system with a honda accord one which is only 1/6 the price. (RM55 compared to RM300+).
errr... DanPromote,

Pls elaborate. What did u change??

The central lock "gun", that controls the up down of yr lock?? Only one??

Or did u change the relay??

Or u mean both the gun and relay???

Can Accord can be fit to yr car without modification?? What yr Accord??

I changed both the gun and the relays.

Not sure what year honda accord la coz the shop did it for me.

Top Bottom