E36 318 Rear Axle problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

usje36

Club Guest
Hi All,I'm having problem with my rear axle. I have change it 6 times but still can't get the good one. Last two units I get it from Stuttgart Parts Centre. But still got noise sound. Can someone help my E36 318 M43 year build 1999? Thanks

6 times !!!! hell !!!!! are you sure its not wheel beaing noise? or propeller shaft (long shaft) U/J's ???

is it normal for the rear diff to produce humming sound? even avanza dont humm like mine. wonder if the culprit is the drive shaft or guibo etc etc

That is not normal...... That guy e36 have long shaft coupling issue and also rear wheel bearing issue....

He happen to be in JB and i manage to take a check...

ezzo369;622227 said:
is it normal for the rear diff to produce humming sound? even avanza dont humm like mine. wonder if the culprit is the drive shaft or guibo etc etc

Humming sound can be anything from wheel bearings, rear differential bearings, worn crown and pinion gears (inside rear diff) or any rotating parts.. So it's up to u and mechanic to do the proper diagnosis to eliminate the possible culprit..

Observations like humming when moving at constant speed, or during acceleration or deceleration can mean different parts being the culprit..
If u say it hums without being more specific, it's impossible to tell u what's wrong... Or maybe you have a nest of humming birds living inside the rear trunk... :p

fabianyee;622451 said:
Humming sound can be anything from wheel bearings, rear differential bearings, worn crown and pinion gears (inside rear diff) or any rotating parts.. So it's up to u and mechanic to do the proper diagnosis to eliminate the possible culprit..

Observations like humming when moving at constant speed, or during acceleration or deceleration can mean different parts being the culprit..
If u say it hums without being more specific, it's impossible to tell u what's wrong... Or maybe you have a nest of humming birds living inside the rear trunk... :p

the humming sound can be heard from 70-100. god. feels like flying 737. after 100 the sound is at constant level. i predict the rear diff bearing or the pinions is the culprit. will send it to the clinic soon. or perhaps keep snakes in the trunk to get rid of the humming birds ;)

i think its the axle la...my axle is wuite worn... i also have same problem... but somehow mine isnt consistent.. sometimes only...

tehyw;622919 said:
i think its the axle la...my axle is wuite worn... i also have same problem... but somehow mine isnt consistent.. sometimes only...

hehe veteran car..wat to do.. but drive n feel sensational! love it :)

Top Bottom