e34 - where to get door window..?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

st8six

my e34 kena break in today....me and my business partner just left a bank in taipan and was hungry, so took a detour into usj9 and went into a restaurant...someone smashed my front passenger side window and took off with a document bag containing 5K (small notes) we left under the front seat... obviously someone tailed us from the bank... i know, i know, it is silly right?we read so much about this kind of thing happening in the newspaper yet we never take any precaution...! damn...! I feel so stupid...!!! :beaten: at the police station, one guy kena worse than us, he was assaulted outside rhb bank and lost 25K he just withdrew.... made a big mess and the force of the flying glass even cut shreds into my dashboard... my nice dashboard now cacat already...any ideas where I can get the window replaced ...?I am trying to find the cheapest solution la.... potong shop?or does anyone has a spare lying around...?any idea how much I should pay for a new one versus a used one...?appreciate any help...thanks...

sorry to hear of your loss......side window can be found at potong shop ler. or pm mafia, he may have something for you.

Just make sure you get the right glass. Local CKDs are using MSG if I am not mistaken and the tint is a little different.

Something similiar happened to me and my girlfriend some few weeks back outside Public Bank(Wisma Daiman) at Tmn Sentosa(JB). She almost became a victim of snatch thief.

Sent my gal to the bank to deposit some money, dropped her off infront of the bank(Luckly did not make her walk some distance to the bank) since there was no parking space near the bank had to park abit further away and meet her in the bank.

After finish banking transaction both of us walked back to the car. Was abt to cross a street to a row of shops but some ppl at the shop was shouting and pointing to something behind us. Instinctively we ran across the street to the shops and a snatch thief on motorcycle pass behind us but did not go for my gal's handbag. Ppl at the shops told us that they going to snatch my gf's bag as it's quite frequent occurance there.(Hummmm wondering wat the police are doing anyway, since it happening so frequently there)

So my advice is when u're going or coming out from any bank ......just be alert of u're surroundings

found the door glass at the first potong shop i stop to ask...?!
i was actually prepared to spend whole day searching for it....

and it only cost rm80 for the glass and another rm30 for labour to fix it....
all in all, i am relieved it didn't cost me too much...

thanks for all the advise given...

case closed...

Top Bottom