E34 Rear Camber - Corrective bushing?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ehoe

Club Guest
Has any E34 owners with lowered suspensions done anything to correct the pronouced negative camber on the rear suspension?. Handling is great with the negative camber but takes a toll on tyre life so need to find a way to adjust the 'non adjustable' rear suspension on E34 so that camber not so pronouced and tyre wear is better. I'm running on 235/45/17 and right now my rear tyres can last about 1 year (approx 20+k km) only. :( Appreciate anyone whom has corrected their rear wheel cambers via any method (i.e corrective bushings, etc) to enlighten me on ways i can go about doing it and how much it will cost. Thanks.

I have lowered suspension and the wear is significantly higher on the inside due to the negative camber. Have not done anything to the camber though. So far, my Nokian has lasted me around 35,000km, still has around 40% thread left so the tyre wear is still within acceptable limits.

Originally posted by OSFlanker@Dec 30 2004, 05:16 PM
I have lowered suspension and the wear is significantly higher on the outside due to the negative camber. Have not done anything to the camber though.
How can -ve camber cause outside wear? You mean inside wear?

Top Bottom