E34-HELP smoky exhaust ( white and needs overhaul) quote please!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lord_jagganath

Club Guest
Hi guys, I need a quotation from the sifus here regarding the servicing/overhauling of my M20B20 engine... i also need a clutch overhaul/ replacement on my 520iOr i could drop in a M20B23 or a M20B25 if the cost of the overhaul is too high, could someone give me the cost of these engines and the installation as well...oh yeah, my exhaust silencer needs replacement as well...DOMO ARIGATO SENSEI TACHI!

lord_jagganath;218281 said:
Hi guys, I need a quotation from the sifus here regarding the servicing/overhauling of my M20B20 engine... i also need a clutch overhaul/ replacement on my 520i

Or i could drop in a M20B23 or a M20B25 if the cost of the overhaul is too high, could someone give me the cost of these engines and the installation as well...

oh yeah, my exhaust silencer needs replacement as well...

DOMO ARIGATO SENSEI TACHI!

Hei.bro,M20b20 engine are under power ,like you case ,better change to M20b25,the engine cost around Rm 1200,the clutch only can change,the exhaust silenser brand new round Rm 500,second choice get at chop shop.

Hey coming to an update..
I now am saving up for a M20b25 engine.....
and thinking of adding parallel turbos.....
clutch plate must be replaced with a more resilient type....
any recommendations....
I want more than 200 NM from at least 2500 rpm

also don't talk to me about supercharging.... (doesn't suit my purpose)

parallel turbos? any reference site as how to go about with the setup?

think 335i..... and there you have it...
twin turbo supras have the arrangement...

on second thought i would have to go for a mid size turbo.... and pray i get boost at 2000 rpm

u need an ECU to control the sequential spooling.. doubt any stand alone ECU can do it without burning additional holes to the wallet

pussy;228775 said:
i sense a RB25 or a 1JZ going into this car..

Oh wow, a munster in the making? I have test driven a few such E34 munsters... nothing in the BMW arsenal (without breaking the bank, that is) can challenge them. Now I am thinking if a M50B25 may even satisfy me....:eek: . Would JPJ approve such a conversion considering the engine mounts have to be fabricated?:confused:

I am totally against putting a jap engine into a bmw.... ( mercedes maybe ...)
Its about the pedigree... how much can you push the tech without spending much..
besides.... dropping in a jap would require a new trans.... which is a nono here...
i still want fuel efficiency....
(waiting for the m57d29 to drop in price ..(ie a e39 halfcut))
and secondly.... my sick puppy needs a new heart.... and maybe some new wiring...
so i may consider the m50..... (if a m52b25 comes my way.... i wont say no.)
first i must get the financiers aproval... maybe by then the HK car would have been sold off....
Pussy... I'll PM you once i can commit some cash...
also how much a junked e32 730i would cost.... (thinks real hard :lol: )

sequential turbos/ parallel turbo's look like a lot of work.... i think i should just stick to a single...

also.. i took into consideration jpj rules..... will cost an additional 2k and jap engine conversions are technically illegal.

lord_jagganath;229082 said:
Pussy... I'll PM you once i can commit some cash...
also how much a junked e32 730i would cost.... (thinks real hard :lol: )

a junk E32 730i...

okay..here goes:D

Non Alloy - RM0.72 per kg.
Alloy -RM 3.80 to 4.20 per kg.
Plastic parts RM 0.20 per kg.
Copper - RM9.00 per kg.

er...???? sell as junk more value then sell halfcut.:cool:

heeh funny dude... i prolly used the wrong word..
I meant a half cut e32....( me thinks most of the meters and wiring could fit in aa e34... correct me if i am wrong...) as it is, they already share many meters, and mechanicals too..

lord_jagganath;229160 said:
heeh funny dude... i prolly used the wrong word..
I meant a half cut e32....( me thinks most of the meters and wiring could fit in aa e34... correct me if i am wrong...) as it is, they already share many meters, and mechanicals too..

Dude,

allow me to kacau a bit.

If you wanna buy a replacement engine or a halfcut.
PLEASE buy it with proper and legal papers.
It's to avoid any legal matters that might resurface after the conversion.

Now I know that you have a E34M20B20...well,a whole lot of things to do besides changing the engine.

Lets say, if you decides to plunk in a M50 engine base.then you'll have to convert the whole rear subframe too. Get it done accordingly and please go for the Puspakom inspection and legalise conversion.
If you dicides to plunk in an engine without proper document,well ...be prepared for the worst.

IMHO, get an engine(M20B25) from a chop shop with a declared custom papers and plunk it in.Fill in the forms from JPJ ,go thru the whole process and enjoy yuor ride.

As for Japs engine for a dailly drive....get it done the same way.But at the end of the day...you'll wont feel justify at all.( no pun intended) I'd rather go get a japanese turbo car.
If you really got the moolah.....sell the car and buy anuder fully converted E34.Lagi syiok....:D

my 2pork sen.....:D:)

As for Pussy's US M3 engine....oh well, stroker kits are prone to that. heh!:(
I mean really burns oil.

go ask mr.google.:D

Zoggee;229256 said:
As for Pussy's US M3 engine....oh well, stroker kits are prone to that. heh!:(
I mean really burns oil.

go ask mr.google.:D

how true it is... 1liter a trip up... cos using race pistons.:p

need to know several things,
1. how much does an overhaul cost...
2. is it possible to rebore the engine to 2.3 specs to get extra torque
3. is it better to drop in a m20b25, rechip it and turbo the bugger
4. get a complete half cut of a m50 b25 and convert the rear subframe etc to match e34 m50 specs...

how much will all of that cost eh?.... i need some help here...
at most i have atm is about 1k....... 4k possibly once i sell my 240gl...

Top Bottom