e30 wiper prob.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ehsanhisham

Club Guest
hye to all e30 owners..im ehsan from subang jaya. i would like to share about the problem dat running in head. its about my e30's wiper doesnt want to stop when i started the engine and let it running. therefore i hve to take out the fuse n it really piss me up. i hv send my car to the wiring man for about 3-4 times this passing month but it doesnt really works at all. i asked them wats the prob n they say it just about the wiring matters. and my question is wat do u suggest other than repair the wiring stuff to make the wiper back to work again?thx for ur time. really appreciate it!

ehsanhisham;371224 said:
hye to all e30 owners..

im ehsan from subang jaya. i would like to share about the problem dat running in head. its about my e30's wiper doesnt want to stop when i started the engine and let it running. therefore i hve to take out the fuse n it really piss me up. i hv send my car to the wiring man for about 3-4 times this passing month but it doesnt really works at all. i asked them wats the prob n they say it just about the wiring matters. and my question is wat do u suggest other than repair the wiring stuff to make the wiper back to work again?

thx for ur time. really appreciate it!

y dont u try to start checking the wiper relay first. its the big black thingy in ur fusebox. the wiring diagram is in bently. search around and you should be able to download it.

Yes, normally the wiper relay (part of the wiring). Just go to any BMW workshop and try to swap with another use one and see. If still didn't solved the problem, try to look into the wiper motor (but this seldom happen, normally your wiper doesn't have the intermittent movement)

where do you repair/service your car usually?

like many said check wiper relay.

if okay, then check wiper control stork....the lever beside your steering column. can change as one unit......kedai potong.

good luck.

my one had same prob , doesnt stop once its on , even rain stop d , still wiper running ...damn paiseh .

try this ,
take out the wiper relay , clean the legs of the relay of grime/dust ...
then have a look inside the relay , if ur good with the soldering iron , just resolder all the points in the relay .

mine was fixed that way . avoiding need to find a new/used relay unit.

cheers.

Have anybody consider the problem might be the wiper motor as well?

The wiper will worked when it is selected to:-
1. Intermittent
2. Slow Speed.
3. Fast Speed.
4. Flip or One shot
5. Wiper Wash

There is a copper strip on the wiper motor which will keep the motor running until it come to its designated rest position. If there is a shorting in the wiper motor, it will keep the motor running regarless of the above condition.

jarance;376538 said:
Have anybody consider the problem might be the wiper motor as well?

The wiper will worked when it is selected to:-
1. Intermittent
2. Slow Speed.
3. Fast Speed.
4. Flip or One shot
5. Wiper Wash

There is a copper strip on the wiper motor which will keep the motor running until it come to its designated rest position. If there is a shorting in the wiper motor, it will keep the motor running regarless of the above condition.

Jarance, I had done that before. I even mod the copper strip cause it is already short. The wiper work irregularly, sometime you are in the intermittent mode, it will work continuously and vise versa. The mod still fail and i don't have time to attend the trial and error anymore. after all, getting one from chop shop are easy and cost are not that much. but be very carefull, there is a different model of motor (maybe for left and right drive). I bought the wrong one and it can't be fix. Need to go back to the chop shop. once change the motor, no problem after that. it is already 5 years.

Top Bottom