E30 Side Mirrors

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shanbala

Club Guest
Recently, the side mirror on the drivers side of my vehicle cracked. My view is currently distorted but still manageable. Only the mirror was damaged. No damage to the housing. Checked with spare parts shops & they are quoting prices btn RM 110 to RM 125 for the mirror alone(one piece). Tried to get the mirror from the chop shops but not possible. They want to sell me with the whole housing. Before I invest in purchasing a new mirror, is it possible to get the mirror fabricated (ie cut a similar size mirror from the glass shop) and some way or another "stick" it onto the mirror assembly. The problem is that if I change the drivers side mirror, I also need to change the passengers side mirror to maintain similar looks. (ie new against old and faded.) Do I want to spend RM 220-250 for vanity or is there a better way? All help will be appreciated.rgds

i think the best is still the original. You can't just cut a mirror and paste it there. At least the ori got the anti glare thing and didn't give you the wrong image.

If money not a problem to you, get the wide angle. Think Calvin Tan carry it. Try pm him.

Otherwise buy from chop shop. at least you have spare mirror holder and the motor inside it for future use if you only use the mirror.

hi strider....sorry out of topic, I did the fuel pump replacement as your advice (wira replacement) but theres still a hummiing sound from the fuel tank...why aaa? also replace the fuel filter & hose...anyway thanks so much for helping me saving my pocket... :D :D :D

Originally posted by shanbala@Feb 10 2006, 01:00 AM
Recently, the side mirror on the drivers side of my vehicle cracked. My view is currently distorted but still manageable. Only the mirror was damaged. No damage to the housing. Checked with spare parts shops & they are quoting prices btn RM 110 to RM 125 for the mirror alone(one piece). Tried to get the mirror from the chop shops but not possible. They want to sell me with the whole housing.

Before I invest in purchasing a new mirror, is it possible to get the mirror fabricated (ie cut a similar size mirror from the glass shop) and some way or another "stick" it onto the mirror assembly. The problem is that if I change the drivers side mirror, I also need to change the passengers side mirror to maintain similar looks. (ie new against old and faded.) Do I want to spend RM 220-250 for vanity or is there a better way? All help will be appreciated.

rgds
dude dont do that....

Your car is very very nice (i know, I pass by the house every now and again :) ) you'll spoil it by going down that route.... spend the 110 or so and you wont regret it..... the ori glass has got a blue-ish tint to it which makes it that much better :yes:

Originally posted by scin@Feb 15 2006, 01:25 PM
Just splurge and get the wide angle mirror!

err sorry,how this 'wide angle mirror' diffrence to normal one?the mirror wider or what?

thanks

you get wider perspective (lot of things can be "seen" but smaller compare to the original one). Physically, it is same.

i see.,thanks 4 the info,i dun know they have such thing.,
its e30 original part rite?one more quest.,how do i know mine is 'wide angle' one or not?

It's part no3.
It has a thin line on one side which separates the normal angle from the wide angle.

I have a spare wide angle mirror but scratched abit. Another question, can the 'glass' be polished. Looks more like a type of chrome rather then actual glass used for house mirrors.

Top Bottom