E30 newbie--once in cant get out! help! :)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hey sgbuloh,
thanks~ u got a nice ride there, hey wanna ask, when i was cornering, not very sharp bend, but at maybe 60km/hr, i feel like the rear wheels are rubbing on the arch or wat. is it time for suspension / something change?
thanks.

ejfong;299192 said:
hey sgbuloh,
thanks~ u got a nice ride there, hey wanna ask, when i was cornering, not very sharp bend, but at maybe 60km/hr, i feel like the rear wheels are rubbing on the arch or wat. is it time for suspension / something change?
thanks.

that's not the pic of my ride.
my ride is an old skool e30 ..one of the earliest ones. 1984'

maybe ur absorbers are due for a change. change them to bilstein black absorbers if u dont wanna headache too much . a pair of rear ones i think go for rm180 or so .

thanks!
bilstein black absrobers eh? then i think i gotta change all 4. since the front ones also had similar symptoms some time back when going over a road bump.

thanks for the price quote, that would give me an estimate of wat to expect here in kch.
btw..what u mean by "less headache" ? is the absorber similar to stock originals? i'd prefer comfort..or as near as the original configuration :)

thanks again for reply dude:)

hey hantubmw n joe,
thanks bros :) pleasure to meet ya'all~ :)

its a great steady ride :)

ejfong;299445 said:
thanks!
bilstein black absrobers eh? then i think i gotta change all 4. since the front ones also had similar symptoms some time back when going over a road bump.

thanks for the price quote, that would give me an estimate of wat to expect here in kch.
btw..what u mean by "less headache" ? is the absorber similar to stock originals? i'd prefer comfort..or as near as the original configuration :)

thanks again for reply dude:)

well bilstein black is the stock original , the original ones are from bilstein but they are oil based absorbers if im not mistaken .
the current bilstein blacks being sold are gas driven , which is much better.
gas = no messy oil leaks.

AIRCOND issues?

thanks for the info on the Bilstein blacks. will definately change all 4s.

my priorities cum questions now are:
1.aircond- mine is so damn cold at nite but during noon when sun out...it just isnt cold...not cool. jus bearable. do u all sifus out there have the same issue with ur car? what did u do?

2.change tyres to probably dunlop ones.

3.absorbers black bilstein.

4.proper paint job...last one for mine was done by the loving owner 9 years ago...and its still in great condition

thanksss ya'all~

cheers,
Ej

REe: Aircond Issues

ejfong;299817 said:
1.aircond- mine is so damn cold at nite but during noon when sun out...it just isnt cold...not cool. jus bearable. do u all sifus out there have the same issue with ur car? what did u do?

Yours should be the locally installed system... if yes then some likely causes could be:

1. Weak fan at the condensor behind the grill - try tossing some water at it from the front and see if the fan is working properly.

2. Insufficient gas in the system - if yes, recharge.

3. Internal cooling coil is clogged with dirt - clean it.

4. Finally it could be that the thermostat sensor is too close to the internal cooling coil or maybe touching it... so it signals an early compressor cutoff. Assuming the internal cooling coil is clean and well maintained, try pulling the sensor out for about a half inch and see if things improve.

Hope this helps...

berserkdroid,

thanks brotha for ur prompt n helpful reply!:top:
ok will look up in the manual as to where the sensors are and hopefully things would improve.
just got this car for like 3 weeks plus and still learning the curves :) its a steady n fun ride~

btw, whats ur FC average? mine an average of 11-13L / 100km. i guess thats quite alright? :) i dun mind more FC for a more pleasant n joyful ride :burnout:

cheers mate,
Ej

Top Bottom