E30 meter repair

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

potssum

Club Guest
where can i fix my E30 meter? its seems that my rpm meter.. occasionally works... but most of the times would just stop functioning and also... my trip meter wont work at all from first day i get the car..

same prob with me to...my fuel meter doesnt seem like its working its always jumping up and down... anybody can recomend any place???

if u want the easy way, just buy a used one. If not, just change the SI board inside the meter. regarding the fuel gauge flickering, try tighten the nut behind it, maybe corrosion causing the flickering.

Chris

If buy a used one at chop shop how come to confirm it fully function & still can be used,afraid will get a same problem & lost $$$,huhu....

For the Tach and service light problems, check the batteries on the SI board first. They are the AA-sized Ni-Cad ones soldered to the board.

However DO NOT use a high wattage soldering iron to remove/install the batteries. It'll fry the board big time. A 10-watt iron should be enough. And make sure the new batteries are charged before installation.

As for the trip meter, just change the plastic gears inside. These can now be found locally and generally made out of plastic suitable for the tropics.

berserkdroid;304453 said:
For the Tach and service light problems, check the batteries on the SI board first. They are the AA-sized Ni-Cad ones soldered to the board.

However DO NOT use a high wattage soldering iron to remove/install the batteries. It'll fry the board big time. A 10-watt iron should be enough. And make sure the new batteries are charged before installation.

As for the trip meter, just change the plastic gears inside. These can now be found locally and generally made out of plastic suitable for the tropics.

May I know what is (SI board) where is it located? thanks.

so any place where can i sent the meter to be serviced? hehe not kindda diy person though

Top Bottom