e30 m40 raditor fan

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

datsunnismo

Club Guest
hi to all..... :)im planning to change the radiator fan to electric one for my e30 M40. because i belive the engine will run smoothly and reduce noise. Anyone have try this before? Which electric fan is suitable?Any minus piont to change from original attached fan? please give some input. thanks...

you can pluck in the e36/e46 from the 318i eletric fan to the e30. then just need to do wiring to enable the 1st speed and 2nd speed.

yes, it will reduce the fan clutch noise and gain some horses after you free up the engine from the clutch fan.

so, it has being done b4 and it's good.

Thanks for the input. :)
I've try this to my datsun b310 (1.5cc). the performance was good. really reduce the fan noise on high rev and can feel the difference on pickup.
But the temprature is bit higher than normal maybe bcuz i use aircond fan from sentraB13.
Not dare to try on my UDM. takut ma.......

1st, you need to find the 2nd hand BMW Electric fan which can cost you from 500 above. Wiring should be about 150 to 200.

i heard its a bad idea to do this because your clutch fan speed goes according to your engine speed.

elwine30;272510 said:
1st, you need to find the 2nd hand BMW Electric fan which can cost you from 500 above. Wiring should be about 150 to 200.

please advice from which model or engine should i take the electirc fan?
Are u using the electric fan too?

i m using the electric fan from E36 m43 model. I have being running that for the past 3 years. So, no prob for me. The only setback is to fine a good condition electric fan which works on speed 1 and speed 2.

The other setback is, it's more expensive to fix compared to getting a new clutch fan.

As for jag's comments, clutch fan works different from electric fan. electric fan has 2 speed, one is faster when it hit's a certain temp and one is constant which acts to cools the engine and the aircon. Therefore, for the E36 M43, they only have 1 fitted electric fan. Where else, the E36 M40 has one eletric fan in front and the clutch fan. That's how they design it.

Top Bottom