e30 Getrag 240 gearbox: what is good oil?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

selespeed

Club Guest
hi; i will be getting this new gearbox this week. and since this is a NEW gearbox, what gearbox oil should i use? what do you guys recommend? thanks.

evilnickwong;546170 said:
Redline MTL! :D

thanks for the very fast response. where can i buy redline MTL? i am based in JB. is it standard viscosity of this oil? 70w80? 75w90????

thanks again.

I had better results using Torco RTF. Previously on Redline whenever I shifted from 4th to 5th there was a grinding sound. Only happens in high speed though.

Ever since I changed to Torco RTF I don't get that grinding sound anymore.

yes, Loafer is right... it's either Torco RTF or Royal purple..MTL sucks when i was using it.. dun know why..
The royal purple i used on my six speed released some extra ponies !! it was so smooth..
Pity, dun know who is the agent in malaysia now since autochild closed up..

oh, before i forget, used it to run it in for at least a 1000km, no hard driving please !! after that, ahemm... have fun..

pussy;546235 said:
yes, Loafer is right... it's either Torco RTF or Royal purple..MTL sucks when i was using it.. dun know why..
The royal purple i used on my six speed released some extra ponies !! it was so smooth..
Pity, dun know who is the agent in malaysia now since autochild closed up..

oh, before i forget, used it to run it in for at least a 1000km, no hard driving please !! after that, ahemm... have fun..

i see. i also heard not so good thing about MTL. so i ihave to "run in" new gearbox? how about using standard bmw gearbox oil first and then royal purple? and which royal purple specs gearoilk to use?

thanks and appreciate all your feedback

Top Bottom