E30 Fuel Meter

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
mizhan;773737 said:
mine works after a few knocks. what did your mechanic say?

Wow....i'm amazed at your ability to decipher the OPs post :top:

One reason might be the grounding nut behind the fuel meter is loose and just needs to be tightened. Easiest one to check first I suppose.

evilnickwong;773888 said:
One reason might be the grounding nut behind the fuel meter is loose and just needs to be tightened. Easiest one to check first I suppose.
Thanks for your information:top:
I will check for the grounding nut.

can be a few things.

1 - in-tank fuel float - whether it's sending signal to the instrument cluster
2 - fuel gauge not working.

what else in between?

my gauge shows half tank when its actually empty..lucky the fuel reserve light works..changed 2 clusters already..need to check more acc to mech..hehehehe

fabianyee;773975 said:
can be a few things.

1 - in-tank fuel float - whether it's sending signal to the instrument cluster
2 - fuel gauge not working.

what else in between?
How to check the sending signal to instrument cluster?

knight3d;774103 said:
How to check the sending signal to instrument cluster?

errr.. if you need to ask, then you're no MacGyver or grease monkey.. Better leave it to the mechanic then... ;)

johnj;773988 said:
my gauge shows half tank when its actually empty..lucky the fuel reserve light works..changed 2 clusters already..need to check more acc to mech..hehehehe

I had the same problem b4, but not sure my solution help or not.

There's 2 tank size for e30, 55 and 62 liters. If you r using 55 liters tank with 62 liters meter, fuel gauge will show half when it's empty. You either find the correct "fuel gauge size" meter or modify the resistant of the signal.

ahhh..that makes sense since i changed from L jet to motronic but same fuel tank..

johnj;774283 said:
ahhh..that makes sense since i changed from L jet to motronic but same fuel tank..

Haha, I did the same conversion like u, the fees I hv paid for this lesson, 1 fuel float sensor and 1 meter.

yeahh have to look at the fuel float since the meter has been changed.

johnj;774982 said:
yeahh have to look at the fuel float since the meter has been changed.
I will check it with the mechanic by tomorrow.
anyway, thanks for your information.

Top Bottom