E30 cant accelerate when :O: blinks

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jimix

Club Guest
Dear Sifus,my E30 M20B20 cannot accelerate as it jerks like not enough fuel when this :O: indicator in the dashboard blinks. the indicator is situated between the handbrake and the exclamation sign.if i floor the pedal it will become worst, so i have to slowly accelerate. dont know whats wrong? sent to fix it 2 times but the workshop only tuned the car & after a while it will come back. need advise... rgdrs.

tt's the sign of ur brake is having some fault
get it check at ur nearest workshop....

hope this help!

thanks sir,

i remembered that one mechanic said the break pump or something was modified by previous owner, as a result there was something faulty involving the sensor. therefore i think thats why it lighted up intermittently when i accelerate.

hopefully the workshop can rectify it as m afraid the car might stall in the middle of highway.

finally got it fixed!

its actually the throttle rubber bellow that was the culprit as it had cracked. the workshop diagnosed it as AFM failure. but got the bellow replaced & everything is ok now. thanks to brader WOLVERINE & BADBONE for their kind help in sougthing out my problem. thanks bros!

e30 must be air tight...lesson i learned today.

regards..

jimix,

mind to share how does this Throttle Rubber Bellow looks like & its location? Thx a lot.

My dirty M40 AFM was sticking at certain ranges, causing my car to choke/stutter when accelerating and also occasionally to die at traffic lights after having been rev happy at the previous stretch of road.

A clean with degreaser and a lube up fixed the sticky flap and now the problems are gone. ;)

bro evilnickwong,

thanks for the pointer, however have yet to learn how to get the afm out... sometimes see people takes it out n it looks easy.. is there any websites to learn the mechanics/servicing of e30?

Top Bottom