E30 accelerator issue

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

54g

Club Guest
Hi there everyone...I'm trying to help my dad solve this nagging issue about his E30's accelerator.The problem is: you have to exert a lot of force on the accelerator just to depress it from its stationary position, but the rest of the pedal travel is smooth. Basically, when you want to tekan minyak, have to tekan damn hard on the accelerator before it gives way.He's consulted quite a lot of mechs but nobody was able to solve it. My dad also told me that the accelerator became like this after sending it for service one day (long time ago).It's a 320i E30, coupe version.Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

Try to remove the carpet mats and check if the padel has come off its resting position or if the carpet is blocking it. This could be the problem.

Another thing ........

check ur rear differential either it in correct ratio or not.......

1) Pedals out of position
2) Accelarator cables stuck
3) Carpet blocking pedals
4) Linkages ( underneath )

ditto that for 2,3 & 4.....plus check routing of cable even between firewall and throttle body.

Also check the spring at your trottle body, there may be some binding there. Or maybe a kink along your trottle cable.

zaskar said:
Also check the spring at your trottle body, there may be some binding there. Or maybe a kink along your trottle cable.

hah...you beat me to it;)

Top Bottom