e30 86' 6 cylinder

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lgeek

Club Guest
Ops !! New to bmw . Wish to find out from all the expertthe 86' 320i 6 cylinder problem . How's the fuel consumption for auto transmission . Possible to upgrade front / rear to 90' model ? Plsadvice . Thank you ,

Nice sweet machine...make sure there r no air leaks in
those vacuum hoses.A lot of new & used parts around...

F/C will b around RM0.15/km.

Yes,can b facelifted 2 da M40 '90 style.Done it b4...

B)

How much cost for facelift ? parts all from junk yard . !!
I hate the front look .

Originally posted by lgeek@Jul 30 2005, 02:45 AM
How much cost for facelift ? parts all from junk yard . !!
I hate the front look .
Wei,nice classic looklah...Btw,it's personal preference.

About RM1500 inclusive of painting...

1) 2 Bumpers
2) Rear Lights
3) Front Lights
4) Front Bottom Panel
5) Fog Lights

& if u add a few more hundreds, u could get da boot wif M-tech II
spoiler...

B)

i was once quoted RM600 for the whole front bumper (incl. repeaters/fogs). rear wud cost less, i think

after all that, u'd still have the old style tail light, unless u want to change that too

i have one e30 6 cylinders.. free gift by and old fren..but performance very much like orang tua.. pity woo... sapa buleh tolong eh? i'm in kuantan.....

nice looking & straight mah so?......u will regret facelifting it to an era it dun belong, seen it many times. ( esp if workmanship is inferior....) then u start saying the must lose the chrome on windows etc etc ...pls know what you want 1st and find out how much $$$....

if u want a faster look, go m-tech 1 body kit since u have the chrome bumpers. last tip, lose the mud flaps and try larger wheels....then you will start to re-consider.

to ur question - what's wrong with the engine? nothing if kept well.....ask Jipster, a fellow 320i auto.

cheers.

You sure rm1.5k for facelift to 90' model .90' 318i Rear lights can fit to this model ? Not sure if everythings Plug and Plug . I worried the workmanship will look like shit .
Any recommded person from the follow expert who can do the nice job ?
How much for m-tech 1 body kit ? where can i get it from ?

Jipster's ride is a m20 motronic and re-chiped and goes damn fast, previous owner had it changed from L-jet. Rear section conversion is not that easy, cannot simply plug and play rear lamps and bumper. Check out 2cents ride, he did the m40 rear conversion on his. Not very many bodykits for pre-facelifted models mainly mtech1's and zenders. Look to pay anything in excess of 1.2K for the full set of either. If you do want to convert to post-facelift then there are more options for body-kits.

But bottom-line, take your time to fully suss up your options of what you really want to do first, be it engine, handling, interior or exterior modifications. Best to come to anyone of the TT (teh tarik) gatherings cos lots of e30 sifus around that can guide you in the right direction (or racun hell.............)

yess yess come to tt! :D RACUN TIME!!!! :ph34r:

anyways, why change?? with the right colour, the old style looks better, IMHO. The face-lifted version looks a bit heavy on the backside (so sorry sifu-sifu yang pakai face-lifted cars.... :) )

GO E30 :D

ps, iqeek if you don wan the rear lights.... sell to me lehh. still nice your lights, not like mine oredy faded :rolleyes:

lgeek,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your car. Trying to facelift your car will ultimately lead to long term rust issues as cutting and welding is involved(esp the rear end). Cutting and welding a non-galvanised model like yours is a guaranteed recipe for premature rust. You have been warned.

Based on the pics, I think that you have a beautiful car, maybe a change in color, some BBS wheels and a lowered stance might change your opinion.

What say the rest of my compadres?

Originally posted by kevster30@Aug 1 2005, 11:03 AM
lgeek,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your car. Trying to facelift your car will ultimately lead to long term rust issues as cutting and welding is involved(esp the rear end). Cutting and welding a non-galvanised model like yours is a guaranteed recipe for premature rust. You have been warned.

Based on the pics, I think that you have a beautiful car, maybe a change in color, some BBS wheels and a lowered stance might change your opinion.

What say the rest of my compadres?
Yup, can't go wrong with BBS basketweaves ;)

BTW Kev, when can we compare the manifolds? :D

Originally posted by MTek1318@Jul 31 2005, 10:06 PM

Yup, can't go wrong with BBS basketweaves ;)

BTW Kev, when can we compare the manifolds? :D
Call me bro :D

Bro nice wheels...

Would advise u not to facelift.

U rather throw in the moolahs for the sweet metch-1 kits ... BasketWeave bbs wheels .

Lose the mud flaps.. tho ..

Ride hide - lower ...

VOILA!!!! u will love it ...

cheers..

:D

hi three28 bother ,

I 'll deeply consider your proposal ,btw how much is
sweet metch-1 kits ... BasketWeave bbs wheels ? And where
i can get it from . any picture of these 2 items ? Pls advice ,
T.Q

u will soon know the meaning....got money also cannot buy! only solution is to have many good friends in here......and also luck/patience/money.

been there, done that.......see my signature, then u know why!

thankyou, my brudders!

Igeek - all the best!

Iqeeek....

The mtech kits if ori a bit hard .. but fiber ones with quality i can help.

As for the BBS ... keep ya eyes open mate ...can get ..u can also opt for lotsa other designs too..

u got PM :D

Originally posted by three28@Aug 1 2005, 02:15 AM
Bro nice wheels...

Would advise u not to facelift.

U rather throw in the moolahs for the sweet metch-1 kits ... BasketWeave bbs wheels .

Lose the mud flaps.. tho ..

Ride hide - lower ...

VOILA!!!! u will love it ...

cheers..

:D
is it this??? :D

Top Bottom