E30 323i engine - ICV, TB cleaning

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

stormhunt3r

Club Guest
guys, my car is having this problem, everytime i start the car be it in the morning, noon or evening, the 1st start for the day, the car's idling would go up and down, sometimes, the engine almost cut off. I've been browsing this forum and others to find the source of the problem and found that others who had this problem relate it to the ICV or even the AFM. Therefore i planned to clean it with a carb cleaner but didn't manage to find it in the engine. Since i already got the carb cleaner, i dismantled the air filter hose and cleaned the throttle body. After cleaning it, the idling problem is solved (i think) but now, i got another problem..the rpm stays at 1100 and won't idle at 650-700 (which it does b4 the cleaning). i've tried resetting the ecu by removing the -ve terminal from the batteries but it doesn't help.Can someone point out what went wrong here? tqcheers

how long did u removed the -ve terminal? I read in other forums that stated that at least 20 mins before u put it back..i stand corrected

since it is cleaned, the rpm is much better since the dirt is gone., sensors are working fine.. just adjust the trottle body screw for the butterfly valve..

pussy, that's what i think so too. Which screw should i adjust for the butterfly valve? and which is the ICV?

I've attached some photos of my engine bay. Pls point out for me. TQ

cheers

okay, look at the second blow picture.. below the cable, below the metal arms, you will see a small lip from the arm stops there,there is a screw, adjust it out.. the rpm will drop.

if it's dosen't, then you will need to see a mech, cos then the engine will need a tune up..

pussy, thx for the advice, adjusted the screw today and the rpm did drop. Previously it was around 1100rpm, now around 750-800rpm (without aircond).

Couldn't adjust it to go any lower, guess that's the max it can go.

How bout cleaning the ICV and the AFM? Anyone knows where it's located based on the pic i've took?

cheers

Top Bottom