E28 rattles wierdly when driving in rain

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

beemervader

Club Guest
Hi all,My E28 has a wierd problem. I notice that when I'm on the road and if it starts to rain, something gets wet in my car and causes a very heavy and vigoruos rattle. But it only lasts for a while, probably for a bout a minute. Then it's back to normal.I have already expreienced this 3 times. Each time this happens, I'm already driving on dry surface and the rattle begins when it starts to rain (meaning something is getting from dry to wet condition only then the problem starts). If it's already raining and assuming that the car is already wet, then I don't experince this rattle. Drive is smooth. It only happens from dry to wet transition.Description of the rattle is like as if I just shifted form the 1st gear immediateley to 4/5th gear. Rattles like when there's not enough power due to wrong shift of gear, although I don't experience any power loss.Can anyone help out here? Could it be probably the brakes, as they are the 1st ones to get wet?Rgds

Try checking your rear drum coz water goes into the dram and coz the break rattler. Do a little service on the drum, mine ok after the service.

tkew,

Thanks for the info.
But when you mean rear drum I'm assuming that it's drum brakes and not disk brakes right?
Cause all my brakes are disk brakes. Will servicing the disk brakes help?

Rgds

problems like this only can be done if the car is driven(tested)

take it to ur mech....he should know!

Top Bottom