E28 queries...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wodern

Club Guest
hello ppl, im a noob here.... need ur help..im trying to get an E28 ...1. can anybody here advice me on the availability of spare parts, either from spare part shop or half cut... it is easy to get?2. i checked on the net as well on the M5 bodykits.. is it easy to find here in half-cut shop. if E30, yup im aware of the spare parts... E28? i dont know.3. for a 1984 model, is rm5k considered a bargain? i'll be checking the car soon..what should i look for? rust? leakage etc?so sifus, any comment

1. spare parts no problems

2. body kits got but expensive

3. 5k? You get what you pay for.

Originally posted by wodern@Jan 7 2005, 12:18 PM
hello ppl, im a noob here....

need ur help..

im trying to get an E28 ...

1. can anybody here advice me on the availability of spare parts, either from spare part shop or half cut... it is easy to get?

2. i checked on the net as well on the M5 bodykits.. is it easy to find here in half-cut shop. if E30, yup im aware of the spare parts... E28? i dont know.

3. for a 1984 model, is rm5k considered a bargain? i'll be checking the car soon..what should i look for? rust? leakage etc?

so sifus, any comment
For e28:

LOOK FOR RUST and RUST and RUST everywhere you can imagine...

ELSE, you will spend more than RM 5k (on curing the rust) to make it a sensible car to drive in.

The rest is easy...engine, kits etc are available...

For RM 5K go for e21 ekekekek....

For RM1xK go for e30

For RM2xK or RM3xK go for e34

For RM5xK go for e36

For RM120k gor for e38 (mmm)....

good luck

nsbone;6035 said:
For e28:

LOOK FOR RUST and RUST and RUST everywhere you can imagine...

ELSE, you will spend more than RM 5k (on curing the rust) to make it a sensible car to drive in.

The rest is easy...engine, kits etc are available...

For RM 5K go for e21 ekekekek....

For RM1xK go for e30

For RM2xK or RM3xK go for e34

For RM5xK go for e36

For RM120k gor for e38 (mmm)....

good luck
i have 14k now, which one should i go for? e28/e32/e34?

as a starters for BMW, go for the 3 series. It will give you a basic understanding of the car and what BMW heritage is all about. E30 should be right. Once you are able to tackle the E30, other cars will be similair.

yes, it is a good buy, i was using it for a few months and it is well taken care...
why dun you buy it ?

since you have yet to buy one, been asking around for some time, get one, feel how a bmw handles when you drives...

5k is ok...not really a bargain...if u can haggle a bit try and get the price lower....but if the car is rust free then its a steal!

firstly check for rust...open up the carpets...check ur floorboards, pay close attention to ur engine bay and firewall....and check ur boot area as well...check all the edges near the rubbers and open up as much carpet as u can when u check for rust....

if it is possible get a mechanic to come with u to inspect the car and also put the car on the jacks and check the undercarriage...this would be a thorough check if u can do all this.

next important thing to check is ur interior parts...make sure ur dashboard is in good condition...check for cracks...most of them will have cracks...so maybe u can use that as a bargaining chip...also most owners will put a cover on the dashboard so remove any covers to get a good look at the dashboard surface....

make sure no panels or switches are missing/damaged....and that ur gauges and instrument cluster is in good working order. also make sure ur rear lights are in good shape...these things are hard to come by...so it would be better if u buy the car with them intact.

aside from that try and get a test drive and make sure the car feels ok....if the brake discs and pads are worn there might be some judder...try and see if there is alot of freeplay on the steering...this is not a good thing as eventually u'll need to find a new steering box.

make sure ur electricals and aircond is working and ur windows...and ur doors can open and lock with no issue.

this isnt an exhaustive list...but at least it's a rough guide of what to check for....

if its ok and u decide to buy the car...u should probably change these things as a precaution...tyres(if worn), brake disc and pads(and brake hoses too)...service ur brake calipers and brake system while ur at it...check which bushings need to be changed and if ur suspension is too bouncy then it probably needs new shock absorbers too.

i'd advice u to check ur brakes and suspension together coz u have to open ur wheels anyway...then when they put back everything...do alignment and balancing.

as far as ur engine is concerned...change the timing belt and check for oil leaks in which case u should change the gasket....and do a full service...change oil(engine&gearbox)/(oil&air)filter/spark plugs/ignition cables....

if manual....u might wanna check if ur clutch needs replacing....

basically thats the major stuff....it would be in ur best interest to check for leaks for ur radiator(to avoid overheating), clutch pump, brake pump, check ur battery, and if u wanna be thorough, u can service ur air cond as well

hmmm let me see what else....well thats pretty much it really...aside from that give it a good wash and enjoy ur new ride...unless of course u wanna repaint it immediately....

based on that...i suggest u do some research on pricing and see if ur budget is sufficient to handle all that with 1 or 2k to spare...just in case something unexpected happens...but if u can afford it then yea...e28 is a good buy...in my opinion a much better car than e30...but that's just me....anyways hope the information is of some help to u....good luck!

Top Bottom