E28: newly acquired; need guidance please.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

classixx_e28

I just acquired a 1987 BMW e28 528i. It's got about 150,000kms on the road. The engine and her drivetrain is stock standard. The engine I would say is in good condition, as far as 150,000 kilometres go. I don't plan to do a full restoration as yet but am working on the body's exterior and interior at the moment.
Sorry for being so long winded but my need of expertise would fall into these categories: engine, gearbox, differential, suspension and brakes.
To start with, I would like to know what I can do to the engine. In technical support I would like to know if I should flush the engine and radiator, change main bearings, clean the injectors, rebuild the head, oil and gasket changes, etcetera. I would really appreciate your knowledge. Cheers.

howdy bro,i had an e28 but a 2 litre m20.your's shud be with an m30.is yours with the big or small bumper?
yes...if newly acquired with nil history you shud renew all fluids ie engine oil,brake fluid,clutch pump fluid,autobox etc etc.no need to flush.
if the engine is in good nick(i should think so with only 150k kms) don't bother about an engine rebuild.
use 2 rounds of injector cleaners.no need to remove the injectors for a cleanup.
change the valve cover gasket if it is weeping oil.
check the brake pads tho there are brake pad wear sensor,you have to be sure by doing a physical.

gud lak and please post pics....

Cheers for the info Moots. I'll post pics as soon as I get it back from the body shop.
I want to get a set of street/sport coilovers, XYZ, Blistein etc. Do you know any Beemer tuner shops around the Klang Valley that supply these?

moots said:
howdy bro,i had an e28 but a 2 litre m20.your's shud be with an m30.is yours with the big or small bumper?
yes...if newly acquired with nil history you shud renew all fluids ie engine oil,brake fluid,clutch pump fluid,autobox etc etc.no need to flush.
if the engine is in good nick(i should think so with only 150k kms) don't bother about an engine rebuild.
use 2 rounds of injector cleaners.no need to remove the injectors for a cleanup.
change the valve cover gasket if it is weeping oil.
check the brake pads tho there are brake pad wear sensor,you have to be sure by doing a physical.

gud lak and please post pics....
Abang Moots ada E28? salute...

Top Bottom