E28 520i or 525i?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Mell74

Club Guest
Dear Sifus,I plan to get myself an E28 series but been caught by two model, to go for 520i or 525i but I want manual for sure! 520i seem to be under power and 525i road tax is a pain in the neck. I would appreciate if owners of those models can contribute the pro and con so that I can made up my mind, thanks!:driver:

525i...bigger cc for better power and FC is the same as the 520i...

unless the 520i is a SE model 88'

Thanks Pussy,
that what I thought, so you recon 525i is better ya.... May I ask, what the different SE than the normal 520i?

Regards.

the SE stands for Special Equip... meaning had extra options installed... the rear lights for instance has black chrome instead of chrome, door sills, interior and the best part, the car is a galvanised body as it is a 88 model, the year BMW introduced the galvanizing to all models and further more this 88 model is a basis of the e34 starting, hence M20 motoronic engines..newer than the L-Jet ones..

Thanks for both of you! By the way Mizhan, M30B35 is how many cc? Do you need to do lots of mod if plonk in that engine? How much that engine or half cut will cost?

Mell74;581740 said:
Thanks for both of you! By the way Mizhan, M30B35 is how many cc? Do you need to do lots of mod if plonk in that engine? How much that engine or half cut will cost?

buy pussy & me drinks.. then we talk :)

my dad used to had an e28 525i m30 4 speed manual..syok, macam main daytona

lozo;581745 said:
my dad used to had an e28 525i m30 4 speed manual..syok, macam main daytona

Only 4sp:eek:? Sure FC is high, right? What year was it?

Mell74;581862 said:
Only 4sp:eek:? Sure FC is high, right? What year was it?

yeup kinda high, that one of the reason my dad prefers to drive his beetle more often.

by the way the e28 was 1983 model

buy 520 .. cause i 'm using also ... not bad ... but pick up is quick slow la ... i had modify the bumper to fiber bumper already ... now still headache ... cause thinking how to make until more nicer and sport

danny000,
I think I go for 525i or 7 series that have RB20 engine in it. I like power & not a weekend driver lol..! There's so many option in mudah.com now just waiting some money to come in..

Thanks bro.

For older cars option,I follow this simple rule of thumb. Go for the bigger CC or the Biggest CC that you can find and you can afford. Then enjoy. ;)

elwine30;587360 said:
For older cars option,I follow this simple rule of thumb. Go for the bigger CC or the Biggest CC that you can find and you can afford. Then enjoy. ;)
Yes Sir, you are right & I so agreed with you. But in Malaysia, not say we can't afford to buy the car but the road tax is killing you, just imagine you bought a 730i or 740i series that cost you around 10k-15k but you still road tax cost a fortune! You know what I'm say'in.... :-(

elwine30;587360 said:

i agree with this statement completely.

Dear bro's,

I have a doubt now... any one can give input on comparing the E28 525i with Volvo 740 Turbo? I need a car that reliable, comfortable and not going to broke me down as I have to travel from North to South quite frequently with family.
Help please...

Volvo parts

Heard that volvos spare part more expensive than our bmws..dunno how true..maybe coz we never buy volvos part...but either way, bmws part not cheap oso..:rock:

anakin;589125 said:
Heard that volvos spare part more expensive than our bmws..dunno how true..maybe coz we never buy volvos part...but either way, bmws part not cheap oso..:rock:

True, BMW parts are not that cheap either but u can easily find them..volvo? i dont know..what i know is that joining this forum makes everything easier to maintain a beemer..:shakehands:

I think that because Volvo is not really a favorite car among young driver and you hardly see any do up or tune up volvo on the road compare to BMW. Most of the owner of Volvo is the classic type that tense to keep the Volvo for life, if you know what I mean!
JFT63;589130 said:
True, BMW parts are not that cheap either but u can easily find them..volvo? i dont know..what i know is that joining this forum makes everything easier to maintain a beemer..:shakehands:

Top Bottom