E24 parts

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

owen1

Club Guest
Hi,Any where i can get used parts for a 1981 e24..628 csi..such as alternator, starter motor...power window motor..and so on...any good shops in KL...area?thanksLeslie

None of the parts you mention are specific to the E24, e.g. rear window motors are the same as the e30, you can get alternators new for the E24 , my mechanic just got one for mine easily, starter motor I'd rewinmd the one you have, cheap just done that on my Lotus.
In Malaysia everyone asks you 'what car is it for' don't answer that question, they all tell you they have no bits for an E24, look at part numbers.
I have a Sylva, which is the only one in Asia and they all say no parts, but it has a Nissan Motor and Ford Suspension so I've learned to just ignore them and give them part numbers,

berw;627438 said:
I have a Sylva, which is the only one in Asia and they all say no parts, but it has a Nissan Motor and Ford Suspension so I've learned to just ignore them and give them part numbers,

Sylva? As in the kit car? Wow...did you build it yourself?

Yep as in Kit Car Sylva, not road legal, it was proffesionally built in the UK, but I have a Locost 7 as well which I did build in Malysia, infact I've built 3 in Malysia, well I've project managed 3,
The Sylva now runs a Nissan SR20 Det black top, EVO 6 brakes, and is a bit rapid.

Locost 7? You must really like your kit cars. Not tempted to try a Cobra or GT40?

Your Sylva sounds intriguing. Would be interested in learning more about this and your other projects.

Trouble is Kits are not road legal in Malaysia so Cobra etc is expensive and not eligible to race, GG40's I know a guy with 3, of the South African ones (in KL) so anything I built would not win against them, the Locust is a low price race car, not so much money so I can afford for them not to be road registerd. The Sylva being in Malaysia is a huge story based around my ex wife wanting it out of the UK.
The Sylva and the 7 will be racing at Sepang in the MSS weeken 21st May, entry to the pit are for spectator is only 50rm came and see them.

Top Bottom