e23 pricing

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
from 5k to 10k

My 735i bought it for 9.5k!

my 728i bought it for 4.5k

why u buyin or sellin?

oh yes...when u cuming down to collect ur bumper panels?

Any downsides in buying the E23 but with a Japanese engine transplant (eg. 2.0 or 2.5 Toyota or Nissan DOHC straight six engines)?

Originally posted by wglee@Mar 7 2005, 02:31 AM
Any downsides in buying the E23 but with a Japanese engine transplant (eg. 2.0 or 2.5 Toyota or Nissan DOHC straight six engines)?
It ain't a BMW any more!

My neighbour has an E23 728i with a Toyota 2.0 DOHC 24v EFI Twin Turbo in-line 6. It doesn't vibrate. I suspect it's mated to a Toyota gearbox. Will ask him next time.

most transplant are done with the matching gearbox....only the axle will remain original.

i tested a 1jz twin turbo supra engine on a 735.....it zoomed of like a bullet without any vibration....super smooth ...i didnt even know the engine was on.....

very impressed.....but i will stick to my 3.5L ori engine.....it gives me the real pleasure of driving a BMW!

if wan smooth and Jap....buy Jap la

Yeah, that's right, it was a Toyota 1JZ-GTE 2.0 DOHC 24v EFI twin turbo straight-six that was fitted to my neighbour's 728i.

The car's interior and exterior are in good condition ("daily driver" condition rather than concours). My neighbour and his family seem to love and enjoy their Japanised 728i, leaving their W126 Merc 300SE to collect dust.

cool.....the one i tested for sale was a gray color car with blue interior....it could be the one!

Its been said that the 2.0 Jap turbo's will consume more fuel than the larger 2.5's because the BM body berat a bit. But if you really must, get a Toyota Crown instead. At least no rajak-king is involved and more upgrade options and also rarer! Let the BM remain a BM till the end!

Mazin aka whl

My neighbour's Jap E23 728i is gold with beige interior.

Crown? Less street-cred than an E23!

I don't get people who want to get a BMW and then convert it to a Jap engine the first opportunity they have.. A truly sacrilegious act if you ask me!!

As mentioned before, if you want to play with Jap engines, get a Jap car....

I think the practise of plonking a Jap engine into a BMW suggests the thinking that Jap engines are more reliable and cheaper to maintain than BMW engines. On the other hand BMWs are more classy than most Japanese cars. Maybe that's why we have BMW-Jap hybrids: the best of both worlds!

In fact, I hear there are plenty of Mercs, Jags and Volvos with Jap engines.

I wouldn't go near a 'mongrel' even with a ten foot pole!! 'Nuf said...

Wanna play with Bimmer do it the right way and you won't go wrong....

my fren have 1, 732i manual
roadtax only 2.5L, ori engine
selling 5 K, with sunroof. :ph34r:

Top Bottom