E21 323i too

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

liveddd

Club Guest
Got myself an e21 about a month back. Visibly, there is rust all over especially boot and exhaust and broken dash.Brought it to a mech and was told its a frankenstein M20 engine with L Jetronic (modified). Car runs well. Hope to bring it to some decent state for happy driving.

nice ride bro.. abit of new paint and repaint the rims would sure bring the car up..

Planning to go into the bodywork phase soon.

Should I ask them to strip the engine too?I do hope they can redo the engine bay with matching colours once again. But the engine is a running unit. I am afraid they might not be able to put it back in working order again.

My limitation right now is budget not ready for engine part.

liveddd;828319 said:
Planning to go into the bodywork phase soon.

Should I ask them to strip the engine too?I do hope they can redo the engine bay with matching colours once again. But the engine is a running unit. I am afraid they might not be able to put it back in working order again.

My limitation right now is budget not ready for engine part.

I think you can repaint the engine bay without removing the engine. You just have to some of the wiring harness, fuse box, perhaps the brake servo. Btw, what rim is that? Mine is very similar design "Rial" brand, but 13inch.

Been 2 months plus waking up the neighbours whenever i fire up the cute little machine 8am-ish for her once a week exercise. initially its been a cheeky thought whenever i did this but the other day my little kiddo called 'Noisy car!'. mau tak mau...went hunting for budget muffles to replace the blown ones....

rusted tail pipes:
View attachment 31281

the wait:
View attachment 31282

hope those viewing / following enjoy my post. till the next update:

left to do, broadbase without proper order:
1. brakes
2. engine
3. paint
4. interior
5. windscreen

Top Bottom