E 30 318i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anakin

Official Member
are E30 318i kuat makan minyak? I only managed to get 600 km for full tank until the red warning light appear..when I refilled it take 46 lit to the brim(full tank) so what I get is approx 1 liter for 13.33 km...(not so good in math) My question is,is it normal or something wrong? I'm driving in a very good manner(no drift/tarik pikap/heavy braking etc), the car is stock standard ,its not daily drive(using for balik kampung or during rainy day only) ....there's a zinggg sound in the fuel pump but my mech said okey & still can be use...

sorry wrong information, didn't notice u stated there 600kms.
my car can't even do 500km on full tank at town driving :nyehehe:

Originally posted by anakin@Dec 3 2005, 12:59 PM
are E30 318i kuat makan minyak? I only managed to get 600 km for full tank until the red warning light appear..when I refilled it take 46 lit to the brim(full tank) so what I get is approx 1 liter for 13.33 km...(not so good in math) My question is,is it normal or something wrong? I'm driving in a very good manner(no drift/tarik pikap/heavy braking etc), the car is stock standard ,its not daily drive(using for balik kampung or during rainy day only) ....there's a zinggg sound in the fuel pump but my mech said okey & still can be use...
U mean 46 lit = 600KM.......are u sure?????

46lit x RM1.62 =RM74.52/600KM
=RM0.1242/KM

Ur car FC is better then Kancil n Kenari .........I can't get it even on the HW ride.......

Normal FC for E30 or E34 shld be around RM0.18-RM0.25 /KM.......

i cant even measure my mileage not working...
but for me the fc quiet higher compare to other 1.8L car.
summore hard for me to compare with u guys since im on 318m10.
m20 or m40 sure got better fc compare to mine.
maybe sumbody with m10 can post they result for me.

for me,for RM50 i get an average of aprox 400km give or take.

daily i travel 90-100km to work and i only fill up again in 4 days.
mines an m20b20......

this is based on a n average top speed of 100-130kmh....and an average cruising speed of 70-90kmh.

not so bad wht! ;)

anakin....

your consumptuion is fine AFAIK.... and if you want to compare with the 323i, i dont know why, even my 323i have very low consumption, better that my kancil........ maybe it's the trait of the 323i kot ie powderful, jimat minyak, free revving, good torque and hp etc etc.... :blush: jangen mareh yeaaaaaaa :blush:

Originally posted by DingChavez@Dec 4 2005, 10:42 AM
anakin....

your consumptuion is fine AFAIK.... and if you want to compare with the 323i, i dont know why, even my 323i have very low consumption, better that my kancil........ maybe it's the trait of the 323i kot ie powderful, jimat minyak, free revving, good torque and hp etc etc.... :blush: jangen mareh yeaaaaaaa :blush:
urs extrasuperspecial one hehehe :D
maybe a bit jimat cos no aircond n the lightweight without carpet? :p

can hit 600km full tank and still complain????? What car are you comparing it to lah???

Based on your 46 liter and 600km data, you're getting:
7.61L/100km
12.3sen/km
38.50 MPG...

For city driving, the FC is between 9-11L/100km.
Don't expect a 40+MPG fuel consumption with the heavier-than-japs E30 chassis and 13+ year old engine. If u want superb consumption, then consider the Honda City or Jazz i-DSi.

Originally posted by fabianyee@Dec 5 2005, 12:06 AM
can hit 600km full tank and still complain????? What car are you comparing it to lah???

Based on your 46 liter and 600km data, you're getting:
7.61L/100km
12.3sen/km
38.50 MPG...

For city driving, the FC is between 9-11L/100km.
Don't expect a 40+MPG fuel consumption with the heavier-than-japs E30 chassis and 13+ year old engine. If u want superb consumption, then consider the Honda City or Jazz i-DSi.

My previous E30 is circa that - 38-39miles per gallon ..
Ok what .....

Originally posted by anakin@Dec 3 2005, 12:59 PM
should be normal!!(consider dan good)
data for my was..400km+/- town, 550km+/- highway.
(not even touch your 600km)
as 325ic, around 1300kg weight.
1988.close to 18years old. (seem like my un-normal :blink: )

Top Bottom