DVD Map mal/sin can work on E63 japan Spec ??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

westdoor

Club Guest
Hi everyone ,I am new member , I driving 645ci 2004 japan Spec now , May i know this car can use BMW malaysia DVD Map ?

Hi
Bad news the jap system is totaly different to all other systems. I have the same problem with my 545, there are a few options, installing the garman or there is a guy that can update your system to euro but that is very expensive.

u mean for japan spec, there is no need for us to change and fix the things to garmin yet can be upgrade the existing system? if so...wow, where is the place (add and contact no. and person in charge)? how expensive is ur expensive?

To use the latest maps for Mal/Sin ( www.malsingmaps.com ) are mostly for garmin GPS receiver only. As the maps get updated very often, this is the best and FREE choice as the maps are done my hobbyist with contribution from the members/forumers/community.

As to my knowledge, Kenwood ICE uses garmin GPS in their system so you can also installed the map/sin maps there too..

All GPS maker have their own maps and are not compatible with each other. ( They make more money from the map subscriptions than the devices )

chookleng;325385 said:
u mean for japan spec, there is no need for us to change and fix the things to garmin yet can be upgrade the existing system? if so...wow, where is the place (add and contact no. and person in charge)? how expensive is ur expensive?

If you're really interested, PM me. BMW's DVD maps are now on version 2008-1 maps...but, like the others said, it is quite expensive $$$. But, if you ask me, the money spent on this conversion is satisfying, especially when everything is integrated with i-Drive system. "money well spent!!!"

Just to correct the statement, it's not an update, but a CCC conversion from Jap Spec to EU Spec. (MD CCC ---> DVD CCC)

I agree with BMW WMN58 it is well worth it and I am getting mine done soon, just need to find the time. Having the car original with all options working is much better than some add on. It drives me crazy not having the original functions working just because the car was delivered in japan

If you need to update your GPS Nav software from Japan spec to Euro ( malaysia.Singapore) Visit Raymond's auto. He has been doing this update for a lot of Japan spec BMW cars

bmw_wmn58;326672 said:
If you're really interested, PM me. BMW's DVD maps are now on version 2008-1 maps...but, like the others said, it is quite expensive $$$. But, if you ask me, the money spent on this conversion is satisfying, especially when everything is integrated with i-Drive system. "money well spent!!!"

Just to correct the statement, it's not an update, but a CCC conversion from Jap Spec to EU Spec. (MD CCC ---> DVD CCC)

can u tell us where you did your conversion n the damage? just bought a garmin 200w for 900bucks it works great although an add-on and i like the touchscreen feature which is not available on the car's monitor. but my wife wants the 200w so i could consider upgrading my japan spec dvd system to local version gps

Can you PM me Raymond's number please?
Thanks

Randy;329721 said:
If you need to update your GPS Nav software from Japan spec to Euro ( malaysia.Singapore) Visit Raymond's auto. He has been doing this update for a lot of Japan spec BMW cars

Randy, can I have Raymond's contact too. I would like to get a quote from him.

Randy;329721 said:

Hello Randy,

Could you pass me Raymond's contact too? Mine is a Z4 and from what I learned, either the Mk 3 (CD) or Mk 4 (DVD) navigation computer can be used. I too, prefer the original BMW setup than going for after market systems.

hi... wouldnt it be more feasible if Raymond were to come on this forum and explain things n price ... so that a lot of other members/forumers can benefit ... rather than just PM n certain people only get the knowledge ... wouldnt it be nice to share info so that the rest of us can contemplate n decide without hassling anyone ... I too would like to consider this for my E60 .. thanx aaaa ... so , call la raymond already :)

Top Bottom