Dr. M the hated hero?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.

E46Fanatic

Club Guest
I stumbled on this article recently. I have to say I am inspired by how frank and upfront he is knowing what kinda consequences will come out from his speech... No other leader would be brave enough to bring this up. His motives are for improvement and a long term vision of success I believe. Please keep this thread as a level headed discussion with no attacks on anyone or any race etc... It was given at the Harvard Club. Lets hope the thread doesn't close when its revisited in the BMW Club LOL. Dr. M's Harvard Club Speech 2002

I still have the original copy of 'malay dilemma', and the other day hasmah waived at me from her balcony! i was chuffed!

Somehow he made it sound like those issues didn't take place during his reign....

it's true, many things happened under his nose, weather he knew or not I don't know. but i think to stay as leader for so long you have to one way or another make concessions and compromise on many issues. I think he wasn't on top of everything and maybe spread himself too thin. He is ahead of his time and many still like his blunt yet articulate approach.

I don't share the same views as Tun, but I do respect his guts to talk about the real problems.

Anyway, there's a lot of opinion on the things he said after he retired. Better just to keep those topics as TT topics rather then car forum topics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom