Door/window frame - from chrome to black (shadowline-esque)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

opposite_lock

Club Guest
Does anyone know where to convert the chrome door frame (the ones that wrap the windows on the A and C pillars) on the 525i to the M-sport matte black?I know it can be painted but I'd prefer a more durable method. I've heard that some people have used vinyl tapes or 3M tapes for the job. Anyone has any contacts in this area?Thanks in advance.

opposite_lock;335061 said:
Hi soorian,

Just called him and made an appointment for this Saturday. Thanks for your help bro.

He is an Good Guy...Tell my Name...Bala with E46 and E90, Ask for good price..

opposite_lock;335066 said:
Will do that. Thanks again.

bro,please do update us on the solution that u've chosen and the outcome..i'm planning the same,just don't know what the most durable available method is.

initially wanted to just paint the thing,but found out that it'll peel off eventually.

thanx bro.

supergripen;335903 said:
bro,please do update us on the solution that u've chosen and the outcome..i'm planning the same,just don't know what the most durable available method is.

initially wanted to just paint the thing,but found out that it'll peel off eventually.

thanx bro.

I called Jeff from RedZone and he told me that they do the tape/sticker method. So I drove to Sunway the next day but when I got there he told me that they don't do that anymore. I was a little cheesed off, but he managed to give me the contact who knows the person who does it.

I haven't gotten in touch with this person yet as I have to go through another guy (a painter in the same area who was referred by Jeff). Apparently, he's out of town at the moment. It's a long and complicated story but I'll be going to Sunway again this Saturday.

I'll update you once I get a hold of him.

opposite_lock;336045 said:
I called Jeff from RedZone and he told me that they do the tape/sticker method. So I drove to Sunway the next day but when I got there he told me that they don't do that anymore. I was a little cheesed off, but he managed to give me the contact who knows the person who does it.

I haven't gotten in touch with this person yet as I have to go through another guy (a painter in the same area who was referred by Jeff). Apparently, he's out of town at the moment. It's a long and complicated story but I'll be going to Sunway again this Saturday.

I'll update you once I get a hold of him.

thanx bro..please do:top:

good post...i'm considering to change mine to black too cause there are lots of scratches on my chrome ones. pls keep us posted and let us know the damage...

Finally got them done and I'm pretty happy with the job. There are tiny imperfections at two of the small corners (I don't really know how to explain it here) but that's understandable as the tape needed to be cut to wrap around the frame. If you're a perfectionist and you like to scrutinize your car with a magnifying glass, then it might irritate you a little but otherwise it's really nothing.

Took about four hours. Cost me RM250. It looks good and it doesn't scratch off. You can also remove it in the event you don't like it without damaging the original chrome. Obviously that's something that cannot be done if paint is used so it's a big plus for me.

Call Chee Meng at 019-2179790 if you want to get it done. His shop is in Sunway.

opposite_lock;336786 said:
Finally got them done and I'm pretty happy with the job. There are tiny imperfections at two of the small corners (I don't really know how to explain it here) but that's understandable as the tape needed to be cut to wrap around the frame. If you're a perfectionist and you like to scrutinize your car with a magnifying glass, then it might irritate you a little but otherwise it's really nothing.

Took about four hours. Cost me RM250. It looks good and it doesn't scratch off. You can also remove it in the event you don't like it without damaging the original chrome. Obviously that's something that cannot be done if paint is used so it's a big plus for me.

Call Chee Meng at 019-2179790 if you want to get it done. His shop is in Sunway.

is this the same guy that runs Topspray?

if yes then all is good..his work thus far has been satisfactory to my experience,

thanx for the update bro:top:

supergripen;337212 said:
is this the same guy that runs Topspray?

if yes then all is good..his work thus far has been satisfactory to my experience,

thanx for the update bro:top:

I believe so. I didn't actually look at the name of the shop. I've always known him by name only.

I am on the other hand prefer chrome rather than black!
Chrome looks more expensive and subtle but black may look sporty to some.

Top Bottom