dismister / heated rear window not working

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

TCNG

Club Guest
Hi Guys,Any idea if the dismister / heated rear window can be fix if it spoiled? My e34 dismister seems not working but radio reception still ok. i had checked the fuis, ok too... any idea what went wrong and how much will it cost to fix?You guys kind advice is very much appreciated.Thank you,TC

Get your car to a shop who has a "wireman" who has experience in trouble shooting electrical problems. Could be also due to a relay.

erm.............what is dismister / heated rear window?? can give picture.. don't know that e34 hve this kind of thing huhu..

Ramzee1987;633848 said:
erm.............what is dismister / heated rear window?? can give picture.. don't know that e34 hve this kind of thing huhu..

the demister is the thin wires running horizontal across the rear window. it act as a heater to clear the mist and also dual function as an antenna.

tenjo103.jpg

Most older cars which had their tints removed would have probably lost most of ther wire strips as the glue used can be quite adhesive, thus once removed, high tendency to come off with the tint rendering the demister useless

jarance;633855 said:
the demister is the thin wires running horizontal across the rear window. it act as a heater to clear the mist and also dual function as an antenna.

tenjo103.jpg
owh thanks for the gud pic......now i know hahahahah

i got my dismister fix. i just a fuse broken at the rear sit fuse box. just got to know it had 2 fuse box. one at the front engine and the other one at the rear sit. so, the next if your car dismister not working, check both fuse box....

Top Bottom